mice + mats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mice + mats

I've been using the standard HP mice and keyboard for a while now, and to be fair its fine for playing and general usage. Would anyone recommend upgrading to say a gaming mice or mice mat, or do they make that much of a difference?

Thanks

Re: mice + mats

Well, a gaming mouse is a really nice upgrade if you do want to get something a bit more varied in use. I can change the DPI on my Logitech MX518 in game while playing easily. I play at the highest setting, which I know a lot of other people don't do.

As for a mouse pad/mat. I just got an Icemat. I'd been using my desk for about a year now and ocassionally would skip due to the uneven surface. Now I'm playing on a sheet of glass, so its nice and smooth. One thing to be aware of with the Icemat is that since its glass, laser mice don't play nicely with them unless you upgrade their firmware.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ser-mouse.html
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I wasn't looking for a surface, just asking if you would recommend upgrading as in if its ACTUALLY WORTH upgrading.

Comment

Read through the thread, and you'll note that users report good results on everything from fUNC pads to $3 Spongebob Squarepants pads.

While it's true that the thread doesn't answer your question directly, I think looking over it with an ear for your needs would answer your question nicely anyway.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

oo, spongebob, nice!! Thanks poker

Comment

A gaming mouse would be quite nice. I don't really need a DPI change on the fly but I like having a lot of buttons. It's kind of silly having 3 or 5 buttons for your right hand when it can handle more functions. I have 8 on my mouse. 3 for standard functions like shooting, running/zooming, or whatever the defaults are for the game. The other buttons work well for Teamspeak/VOIP, map, nightvision, binoculars, and whatever else.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                One thing to be aware of with the Icemat is that since its glass, laser mice don't play nicely with them unless you upgrade their firmware.
                Not true. I've not updated anything with my mouse (MX Revolution) and it works like a charm on my IceMat.

I just checked and my MX1000 works fine on it, too.

I just checked and my Cordless Mouseman Optical is also just peachy on the IceMat.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  Not true. I've not updated anything with my mouse (MX Revolution) and it works like a charm on my IceMat.

I just checked and my MX1000 works fine on it, too.

I just checked and my Cordless Mouseman Optical is also just peachy on the IceMat.
                  Well, those are all optical mice I think. Laser mice use a different type of device to track with (laser), so it doesn't get reflected the same and isn't read correctly, or something similar, not sure of the exact issue, but have heard of it happening frequently.

Comment

I've got a Razer Diamondback and Razer eXactMat and love them both!

Comment

Gaming mat:
                      1) Take a cheap flat board from home depot or lowes.
                      2) Sand one side of it flat.
                      3) Spray paint said side black.
                      4) Apply two to three coats of poly and fine sand between coats.

Best mouse pad ever.
                      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                        Well, those are all optical mice I think. Laser mice use a different type of device to track with (laser), so it doesn't get reflected the same and isn't read correctly, or something similar, not sure of the exact issue, but have heard of it happening frequently.
                        Nope, the first two I mentioned are laser mice and the third one (curiously named Cordless Mouseman Optical) is an optical mouse.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                          Nope, the first two I mentioned are laser mice and the third one (curiously named Cordless Mouseman Optical) is an optical mouse.
                          Odd, well, if the mouse isn't working then upgrade the firmware, thats what I'd say if you bought a glass pad and had problems then. Guess its just the logitech mice that had/have the issue.

Comment

I've been using a 5-button Microsoft IR mouse for years. I've tried a few others, but always end up going back to the basics (I would consider a 5 button mouse with scroll wheel about as basic as you can get for gaming).

Look for good reviews combined with a good deal. Office Depot had my mouse on sale for 20 bucks (compared to 50). I also found the Microsoft Internet Keyboard for 10 bucks there as well. It does me just fine.

I never had a mousepad after IR up until I ordered my shooting bag from MLE Sports. They sent me a mousepad with their contact info on it. I sent them an e-mail thanking them for sending me something so useful and applauded them for their ingenuity by giving out a free product that people will actually use. Pens and business cards get lost. Calenders go out of date. Mousepads are just rubber and cloth, they last forever.

Anyways, I absolutely LOATHE Dell mousepads. The hard plastic lets you know Immediately when you get any sort of dirt/grime on your mouse pads (not THE mouse pad, but the 4 mouse pads on the bottom of your mouse). The cloth ones aren't affected by that nearly as much.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X