Where to get new PC ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get new PC ?

OK after much thought about my last post(V-card question) im looking at getting a custom made pc .I checked out DELL.com and the custom pc was about$ 1700cdn but i was wondering where else can i pick all the parts ?anyone no where to get a price on a new rig ? Once again canadain links would be great . I should mention im not good at building one Heh !THx guys !

Re: Where to get new PC ?

I don't know any Canadian sites sadly, but is NCIX or something similar one of them? Newegg.com is a good place to go to find out what you want for parts, very easy to navigate. Google parts that you think you might be interested in for reviews of them. And, as always, ask questions before you buy. Don't wanna get incompatible parts.

Comment

I have used ncix.com, they are pretty good. You can sometimes find good deals on tigerdirect.ca, but I would look elsewhere first. I'm lucky enough to live in a larger canadian city (toronto) so i was able to find prices that matched or beat ncix at local stores.

One local store for example canada computers (www.canadacomputers.com) had descent prices on alot of their products. Don't be afraid of the local stores, do research about stores in your area.

If you do end up buying parts seperately, make sure you know the warranty/time span for returns/exchanges. You don't want to buy parts over a 2 month period only to find out something in the rig is faulty and only has a 7 day instore replacement.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

PC Vendors
        HIPE PC: http://www.hipepc.com/ (ships to CAN)
        Journey Systems: http://www.journeysystems.com/ (can ship to CAN according to a phone rep)

Otherwise, for parts, NCIX is the only other place I can think of for our neighbors in Canada (since NewEgg doesn't do international shipping).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Are you building this PC yourself or building a pre-built/custom built?

NCIX has a computer builder where you can select all the parts for you to build. But if you buy parts individually you can price match off NCIX.

Use this to find cheaper prices on specific parts: http://redflagdeals.pricecanada.com/

Other good Canadian computer stores:
          http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/index.php
          http://directcanada.com/

Comment

try ebuyer, and scan,dabs they r quite cheap

Comment

For online shopping, I'd go with NCIX or DirectCanada, maybe Anitec. They're all in BC and you'll get pretty good discounts. If you're outside of Canada, you can save quite a bit on buying an entire system. There are good deals in Toronto but there are good to better deals from the BC stores plus savings on PST, which can easily cover shipping.

Since you say you aren't good at building, I assume that means physically assembling the PC. Zoopy has a good suggestion to use NCIX's system builder. You can easily spec out a PC there. Although, you may want to try building your own. You may run into problems but it's good knowledge to work it through and figure out how your new computer works.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

www.canadacomputers.com is an excellent site as Polska pointed out. They have stores across southern ontario, and they usually give you a 1 year warranty so you can deal with them in the first year rather than the manufacturer if something goes wrong.

They also usually have a $7 shipping deal anywhere in Canada. I find their prices to be on par with NCIX.

I would stay away from tigerdirect. The are really overpriced and they carry some pretty suspect brands.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Tigerdirect isn't really that great. If you live in Toronto and can go to the store, it's alright. For shopping online, shipping kills any kind of deal you can find. For the most part, they don't have good prices. There are far better local shops in Toronto.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X