Site auto poster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site auto poster

I need a program, that when you post a message in the forums, it automatically puts it up in an area on the 1st page

Examples:
    http://www.dexworld.org/

http://www.dexworld.org/forums/viewt...22c12465d3ab49

What they do, is post in that certain section, and it is posted on the site automatically. What program do I need to do that, or How do I do that?

Thanks much =)

Re: Site auto poster

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a phpBB module, so you might search for that. It could also be a module for a portal system if they are using one (like PHPNuke). So I'd recommend running some searches for phpBB module, PHPNuke module, forum to news, etc.

My guess is that the forum topic is being output to XML and is then being read by the news system of whatever portal or software is running their news system, so you would probably want to already have some sort of portal software running. There may be a solution independent of a portal out there, but my guess is that you're likely to find most free solutions are designed to work between specific forum/portal software.
    [volun]

Comment

Re: Site auto poster

Also, if you happen to be using forum software that is not as popular or well-modded as phpBB, or you can't find a module that works right for you, you should check out some content retrieval scripts, which often use XML. There are many that can pull content from just about anywhere and display it in any way you want. You can check out some in the Content Retrieval section of PHP Resource Index or CGI Resource Index, depending on which language you have available.
      [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X