Correct CPU Temperature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct CPU Temperature?

Ok so I recently build a new system, and everything seems peachy. However I am not sure about cpu temperature.

I have a P5KC mobo, E6850 cpu. I first had bios version 0502 and the temps displayed in bios were 13C, which I knew couldn't be right so i upgraded bios to 0701 and now the idle temp is 25C, which is more realistic, but still fairly cool I thought for stock HSF. So I got a bunch of program temperatures to verify.

Asus Probe, Speedfan, and TAT all show relatively similar results, 25C idle, 48-50 under max load. However Core Temp (the devils advocate) shows 36C idle and 63C under load. The 63 has me feeling a little uneasy. Does anyone know any details about this program and my particular CPU?

Should I trust bios/other monitor programs, or could the cooling be a little inadequate.

Screenshot included under load
    Last edited by Polska; 08-31-2007, 10:16 PM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Correct CPU Temperature?

Those temps are fine and quite normal for a stock HSF. Don't be worried unless the temps reach 70C or above under load.

CoreTemp will report higher temps since it's supposed to be the temperature of the core. Although, I think the numbers are still based on the data from the same sensors on the CPU and mobo. They are fairly accurate and you can keep monitoring them if you're overclocking or tweaking. You could use other programs but since CoreTemp is reporting higher it would be safer to use that as a monitoring tool.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I came across this article here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/22...perature-guide.

It attempts to explain some terminology when it comes to heating. If I understand correctly, the results shown by bios/speedfan are referred to as Tcase for which 50C is considered safe, 60C is considered hot. The results shown in Core Temp are referred to as Tjunction for which 65C and under is considered safe, and 75C is considered hot.

I hope that's what those results mean, so I can stop thinking about it :).

EDIT: Ya similar to what you wrote Sarc :D

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Your temps are fine. If you see the temps rise to 58C or so, then get worried (61.4C is the thermal throttling temp).

Hmm, I'm curious as to why the Intel TAT reports his E6850 as a Pentium M?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Your temps are fine. If you see the temps rise to 58C or so, then get worried (61.4C is the thermal throttling temp).

Hmm, I'm curious as to why the Intel TAT reports his E6850 as a Pentium M?
          AFAIK, TAT was built for the mobile chips and hasn't been updated for the newer ones.

Comment

Ah, that explains then. I was starting to wonder if the Exxxx line had been built on the M platform. :p
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X