DVD De-coder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD De-coder

ok guys whats a decent DvD De-coder and not real expensive???

HD quality if there is such a thing. i have this beautiful 22" monitor and i never thought about a DvD De-coder when i was putting this machine together soooooooo what is out there for me??????

Re: DVD De-coder

Are you talking about DVD player software?

I use Intervideo DVD and I think it's not too bad. VLC plays DVD's too but I don't really like the interface much.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The normal Windows decoder has always worked fine for me. I use Media Player Classic to play them though.

For not-free and if you have an nVidia card, they have a good decoder. (though pricey at $50) If you want HD acceleration (H.264/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) with an nVidia card, you need to get PowerDVD or WinDVD. (These may support ATI acceleration too, not sure)

Comment

well the players that come with the movies(Interactual) and so on are just players. there has to be a de-coder for the player to interpet or understand what its being sent.. well thats what i have read so far anyway..... reg Windows media player or any Windows stock player does not come with a De-Coder so no it wont work.

most pre-built machine( Dell, HP,, Compaq) you know them all come loaded with the software if they promote watching DvD's on their computers....

mine is home built and i never thought of it till i wanted to watxh a movie the other night and got the error message stating i need a de-coder to proceed :(

ill look into the nvidia one next pay,,, ty for the respounces....

is there any FREE de-coders?????

prolly not sooooooooooo looks like ill be buying one :)

Comment

VLC is free and I don't think it needs a decoder installed. I'm using it on my laptop with Vista without any other DVD decoder installed. Intervideo installs a decoder along with the player. I'm going to check out the Miro player that was posted in another thread. I like the concept of VLC but hate the interface. Maybe Miro provides a much better interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Cappy View Post
            well the players that come with the movies(Interactual) and so on are just players. there has to be a de-coder for the player to interpet or understand what its being sent.. well thats what i have read so far anyway..... reg Windows media player or any Windows stock player does not come with a De-Coder so no it wont work.
            The InterVideo player that comes on most DVDs includes a decoder.

Also, I'm not sure if there are different installs of WinXP, but Windows Media Player has a built in DVD decoder. It might have come from a Windows Update, but I definitely didn't have to download any third party software.

Comment

just running stock XP home ehre,,, i could see how Media player may come with it.... i just know HOME didnt....

its telling me i didnt anyway... when i get back from work ill find it and post what it says... 5 am time to go to work now :( see ya'all at 2 pm est :)

Comment

I don't remember WinXP Pro coming with a decoder. I always had to install some other program like Intervideo before WMP would play DVD's.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X