Mic issues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic issues...

Alright, once again I need the expertise here to help me out. I have a ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA motherboard that I'm running. Well, in BF2, and 2142 both people say my VOIP sounds like crap. I have updated the drivers but still to no avail. When I run the Voice Setup.exe, neither even pick up my voice. It picks it up in game when checking the threshold. Then it sounds like crap as well.

Outside of those games it sounds great. Voice recording is clear, gtalk is clear, etc.

Any ideas guys? The only thing I haven't done is reinstalled those games. Frustrated to say the least.....

In the pursuit of... something.

Re: Mic issues...

Is it a usb headset/mic? If so you may be out of luck.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

No, standard (read: cheap) headset. Using onboard sound. Thinking about going to get a PCI sound card as a workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger View Post
        No, standard (read: cheap) headset. Using onboard sound. Thinking about going to get a PCI sound card as a workaround.
        What are your sound settings in Bf2/2142 ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

sound settings are medium (can try low), no eax, software enabled, etc. Fairly low settings.

Comment

1- Make sure you have the latest DirectX (here)

2- Try this fix.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Yep, downloaded latest Divx. Ran dxdiag. All sounds are perfect. It's some setting somewhere. The voice setups still do not recognize anything. I can slide the little slider all the way down and the speaker never goes green that I'm transmitting. Strange. At a loss here.

Comment

Yep, downloaded latest Divx. Ran dxdiag. All sounds are perfect. It's some setting somewhere. The voice setups still do not recognize anything. I can slide the little slider all the way down and the speaker never goes green that I'm transmitting. Strange. At a loss here.
                What is your mic boost setting (+10, +20 or +30db) ?

I think you have an ALC-888 on-board codec (based on what I could find about your mobo)

DB

| |

Comment

Correct ALC-888 on board.

Don't see a mic boost setting anywhere. I see a mic boost check box but that's it. Any input as to where to find these settings?

Comment

well if all else fails look at the bright side...get a sound blaster extreme gamer, enable eax, max out the sound settings and your game comes to life( you won't believe what you are not hearing) and as a bonus you take some load off the cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102006
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Correct ALC-888 on board.

Don't see a mic boost setting anywhere. I see a mic boost check box but that's it. Any input as to where to find these settings?
                      I was looking at this

I guess you need to use their Realtek HD audio manager thing for variable mic boost. They may have removed that option also, dunno. The default is +20db when checked, but that would not explain the crappy sound :(

DB
                      Last edited by Dick Blonov; 09-12-2007, 09:20 AM.

| |

Comment

I am doing this on the ultra cheap. I mean as in freebies and crap. I have 50$ from my bro in law that was from my birthday. I'm trying to decide which would be the better course of action with that money.

1. Use it to buy a Plantronics USB headset. Good mic. Need a better headset anyway.

2. Buy a sound card. Something for 50$.

3. If I can get my mic working properly, apply cash elsewhere.

Again, the issue isn't sound for me. It's the freaking mic in BF2 and 2142. It sounds like crap to everyone else.

Comment

Again, the issue isn't sound for me. It's the freaking mic in BF2 and 2142. It sounds like crap to everyone else.
                          Crap like distorted sound, noise, static ?

DB

| |

Comment

Yea, they say that when I speak they hear my voice but it pops and such. Per the voicesetup.exe if that occurs I need to lower my voice input or something. Can't recall what exactly now....

Comment

If you're using Vista, you need to adjust your mic from the volume mixer. Vista controls your mic outputs, not your soundcard. (at least in my experience and I've got an X-Fi)

Volume mixer icon should be in your system tray. Click on it then open Recording Devices. Click on your Mic icon and then properties. Click on the Custom tab and check the box for your 20db boost. Then adjust your levels to 100%. After that, mess around in game to get your threshold right and you should be golden.

Do NOT configure your Mic by letting Vista set it up through the "Set up your microphone" option. It sets your levels all wrong and you sound terrible in BF2/2142.

Hope that helps. (now if I misunderstood and you don't have Vista, totally disregard everything I just said. :D )
                              It's all in the Reflexes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X