Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grr! Firefox Thingy-ma-jig Sig Ribbon Plugin Bothers Me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grr! Firefox Thingy-ma-jig Sig Ribbon Plugin Bothers Me.

Okay, I think it's great some of you are using the plug-in (developed by WhiskeySix?) for those sig ribbon thingys, but I'm using Opera 9.21 and that code or what-not is causing my browser to load and reload the image(s) over and over repeatedly until I press the red 'X'.

Is there any way around this conflict other than pressing my red 'X' button?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Grr! Firefox Thingy-ma-jig Sig Ribbon Plugin Bothers Me.

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
    Okay, I think it's great some of you are using the plug-in (developed by WhiskeySix?) for those sig ribbon thingys, but I'm using Opera 9.21 and that code or what-not is causing my browser to load and reload the image(s) over and over repeatedly until I press the red 'X'.

Is there any way around this conflict other than pressing my red 'X' button?
    Huh? I'm pretty sure that all the Greasemonkey plugins are client side. I don't see how the plugins that I'm running would affect you in any way.

Or is there Greasemonkey for Opera that you're using? If so, then just disable that one script.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm not sure I follow you here. If you're talking about the Ribbon Titles script then I'm not sure how that's causing Opera to behave incorrectly as that's a Firefox greasemonkey script. Please elaborate.

EDIT: haha Cing beat me to the reply. Like he said, any Greasemokey script runs client side, so I'm still confused.

Comment

Err...hmm...weird. I'm going to have to find those people with siggies that cause my browser to do a repeat reload constantly. Then I'll post back and possibly with the ribbons that are constantly reloading (if I can catch the image).

Now I feel like a idiot pointing my finger at the greasemonkey script. :row__735: I hope the monkey can forgive me. :row__577:

EDIT:

The list: 2 Para, more to come.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm getting the same problem with Calvin. The bottom ribbon is constantly reloading. It is probably to do with this that is not in the other ribbon images:
          Code:
          onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);"
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Hmm, so the javascript is causing this issue?

Are people using the javascript so the image will "load faster" by forcing the browser to precache it? Or is it a part of the beta ribbon display system that Apophis is creating (am I allowed to speak of this here?)?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Anyone else having this problem? And is it just with people's signatures or just any image? Only on Opera? We have to find the common link to narrow it down.

Comment

I only have the problem with people's siggies. Everything else seems to be fine. It is only happening with Opera. I don't have problems with images reloading constantly in FF or IE.

I also have the same issue with Calvin's last ribbon in his signature. It is constantly reloading.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X