Analog RGB

General:

VESA (100mm) wall mountable
    Silver Chassis
    Dimensions (w/stand): W 22.7" x H 18" x D 8.7"
    Weight: 20 lbs.
    Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty2

Additional Information:

* 1 To use the UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor DVI input, accompanying system must either be configured with a video card with DVI support or a DVI add-in card.
    * 2 For a free copy of the standard limited warranty end-users should see a reseller where Acer products are sold or write to Acer America Corporation, Warranty Department, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...B2CEmail_229US

Wish I had the money, good deal.

Re: Acer 24inch 349.99$ @ Costco

That is a good deal considering that i just spent $600 on my 24" Dell Ultrasharp.
    Oyee

Comment

yea, not bad, I just got the Samsung 22" 226CW for $350. I love it so far.

Comment

The only problem with bigger monitors is the heat they put out. I wonder what the output is on that one....
        Oyee

Comment

I'm happy with my 19" Samsung (931BW) I got for 200$ (CDN).

Comment

That is a very good price. I just got a Samsung 245BW with very similiar specifications from Fry's "on sale" for $479. Got the 245BW instead of the Dell 2407 due to price difference and it's a faster GtG rate supposedly.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd suggest against that monitor(and others using the same panel) for anyone who plays fast paced FPS where twitch movements are key. There is a noticeable delay in the monitor between input and display. This is something different than the response time. As much as people will argue what it is and is not, I can assure you its real, measurable, and has nothing to do with 16/8/2ms response times you see advertised.

I did a fair bit of research on this when I bought my 24in monitor around this time last year. If anyone wants more info, Ill try to dig up the relevant posts when I get home. For those who don't want to wait, you'll find a large amount of info on the topic in the displays forum at hardforum.com.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                I'd suggest against that monitor(and others using the same panel) for anyone who plays fast paced FPS where twitch movements are key. There is a noticeable delay in the monitor between input and display. This is something different than the response time. As much as people will argue what it is and is not, I can assure you its real, measurable, and has nothing to do with 16/8/2ms response times you see advertised.

I did a fair bit of research on this when I bought my 24in monitor around this time last year. If anyone wants more info, Ill try to dig up the relevant posts when I get home. For those who don't want to wait, you'll find a large amount of info on the topic in the displays forum at hardforum.com.
                I am in the market for a monitor and am interested in the information you are referencing. I'd appreciate reference material when you get a chance.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Apparently, that is not the same monitor as I saw a year ago.

The model being sold by Costco is AL2416WBSD
                  The one from a year ago was AL2416WD.

The LCD panel used is completely different. According to this its a TN panel. And the old one was a P-MVA.

Here's the thread detailing the input lag

Unfortunately, the forum is not returning any search results for posts older than a few months, so I cant find all the info I'd like to.

Something that's pretty key in buying LCD monitors is lots of models from different brands will use the same LCD panel. If you find a panel that has good performance, you can find the monitor that offers the best or least expensive implementation of that panel.
                  This post will give you an idea of what the different panel technologies have to offer.

Edit: forgot to mention that the "input lag" is usually attributed to a feature on some panels called overdrive. I've never read anything from an authority on the subject, but it seems to be the consensus from the folks posting forum threads I have read.
                  Last edited by kormendi; 09-19-2007, 06:17 PM.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

My Chimei seems to be doing great. 22 inch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X