router/modem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• router/modem

right now im experiencing problems with my router. its a netgear cg814wg. the problem is whenever i play my xbox 360 or bf2 for the computer i get connected just fine but then at random times i get kicked off. i know i have a bad router for gaming but i was just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a better type of router that has a modem in it.

Re: router/modem

What kind of modem?

In terms of routers with modems, there are liimited options and they tend to be expensive. Your best bet is to get a seperate modem and router. If you are using xDSL, then there are only a few routers with built in modems that I have ever found. Your options and choices greatly increase if you are on a cable connection.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

its a netgear model cg814wg, i just want to stick with the router with the built in modem. just the one i have is not a good one, a couple other people have had the same problems, but if you know one of the best ones or something really good, let me know so i can pick it up

Comment

Originally posted by suckapimp920 View Post
        its a netgear model cg814wg, i just want to stick with the router with the built in modem. just the one i have is not a good one, a couple other people have had the same problems, but if you know one of the best ones or something really good, let me know so i can pick it up
        You still haven't mentioned whether you're on a DSL connection or a cable connection.

Although, I think it's best to get a router without a modem. It's cheaper and that part of the equipment won't go to waste if you ever switch connection types.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Fuzz
          What he said.
          Is it DSL or Cable mate?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X