Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earbud Recommendation

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826273007

I've owned the above pair (in black) for over a year now. They perform well in both treble and bass ranges. Nice round bass and clear to shrill trebles (means they can carry a higher frequency). They also come with a nice aluminum case to hold the phones, 2.5mm extender, extra silicone buds (different sizes), a pair of foam buds, and a "pick" style installer for the buds. All the connectors are gold plated.

Pictures to come...

Here's a review with accurate pictures of the pair that I own: http://the-gadgeteer.com/review/ulti...udio_earphones (minus the case, since mines is not like the one pictured)
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 09-20-2007, 11:13 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Earbud Recommendation

I've been looking for these kinds of earbuds lately. I did find some cheap silicon things that you can put over regular earbuds to transform them into in-ear earbuds. I suppose I should try them since I'm not picky on quality when I'm just listening to a podcast most of the time.

Have you every tried the Shure earbuds before? I've heard about those but they're even more expensive than the ones you recommend.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm pretty picky about speakers, and I've really enjoyed the Sony Fontopia in-ear buds. Good sound and good fit. I just can't wear them for much more than an hour at a time...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        I'm pretty picky about speakers, and I've really enjoyed the Sony Fontopia in-ear buds. Good sound and good fit. I just can't wear them for much more than an hour at a time...
        That's what I use, MDR -EX71. Probably some of the best earbuds on the market for the money!

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ View Post
          That's what I use, MDR -EX71. Probably some of the best earbuds on the market for the money!
          Yeah, I meant to say that. I think all the Fontopias use the same speakers and same silicone buds, and you can pick 'em up for under $30, so they really are great quality for the money. I've had some Shure's in my ear and they weren't really that much better.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I know you're looking for earbuds...

But External's are much easier on the ears...
            Skud

Comment

I have not used the Shure's, but from other reviews and friends, they all say it's great. I just can't justify spending $400 on a pair of their buds.

I can wear the UE's for long periods of time and they are very comfy. In fact, when I have them on, I don't see to notice I even have them on the longer I wear them. Supposedly, UE is an "industry name" for monitor headphone speakers (I've never heard of them). I just got them when I purchased my iPod overseas because they were cheaper than buying them here at the time.

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer
              But External's are much easier on the ears...
              That may be true, but some people don't like lugging around regular headphones and they want something they can just stuff into their pockets and go. In addition, the nicer sounding pair of headphones are usually "monitor" style ones. So they tend to be big and clunky.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Tons of info/opinions here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

My preference happens to be monitor style headphones, but I saw how there hasn't really been any earbud recommendation/discussion threads on here so I thought I'd recommend one.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wow Cingy! Those people are hardcore (kinda like us). The amount of knowledge on that forum is amazing.

+rep for such a nice linky. :D
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X