Question about G15 keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about G15 keyboard

Looking at pictures of the G15 it looks like it has a couple of USB ports to plug a mouse into. Is this correct? I'm sort of far from my computer and just want to be able to plug in the keyboard cable. Is it a standard 6 foot cable on the G15 or is it longer?
    thanks

Re: Question about G15 keyboard

Yep, there is one on each side of the LCD screen.
    I'm very happy with mine btw. Good keyboard that's nice to type on and being backlit through the letters on the keys it's much better in low light than the usual backlit keyboards. I've mostly used the LCD as a media display showing which mp3 track is currently playing. The macro buttons are really good when playing wow.
    Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

If the device you use performs better (i.e. flash drives, iPod, etc.) on a USB 2.0 port, then I don't recommend plugging it in through the USB port provided on the G15. You usually won't get the full bandwidth through the Logi's USB port since the bandwidth has to split with the keyboard.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I just want to be able to plug my Logitech MX518 mouse into it....or does it require 2.0? How long is the cord Pompa?

Comment

All they are saying is that the ports may not be as quick for devices which you want fast transer for (ie. flash drives, memory cards etc...). I think the 2 USB conectors are USB 1.1. Also devices which require alot of power may not get enough juice out of it.

It should be fine for things like mice, headsets, mics etc... I for example have my mouse and printer hooked up into it. I for one am happy with the purchase, but wish there was more usefull applications available to run on the LCD.
          Last edited by Polska; 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

From what I remember, the cord is a decent length (mine is right on my desk, so I have plenty extra). The LCD is quite handy for lots of things, I use the TS plugin the most to see who's talking if I don't recognize their voice. Its great for other things like music, FRAPs, email, performance monitoring, etc. I don't use the Macro keys a ton, but its very handy for lots of things.

Comment

Also, keep in mind that the LED backlight for the KB keys has to share the power from the USB connection with the plugged in devices and the keyboard. Many times I try to plug in a thumbdrive, and it will simply refuse to work. You may have better results using the USB ports with the LED backlight turned off, but I like it on so I have effectively written those USB ports off as a loss to the backlight.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, the backlight does pose a power draw problem. I don't think there is a option to turn off the backlight, so those keyboard USB ports may be useless except for low power drawing devices (aka a cheap trackball or cheap optical mouse, microphone).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Ah, the backlight does pose a power draw problem. I don't think there is a option to turn off the backlight
                  Yeah, there is a lightbulb button to the far right of the media controls that cycles through on, dim, and off.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, well I guess it is a superior keyboard after all. :) Most of the backlit ones don't offer anyway to turn off the darn light.

*adds to future shopping list* :D
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses. I guess the G15 it is.

Comment

Just one more question...has anyone here ever used a USB extension cable? I want to buy the G15 but it needs to go from my pc to my couch which is about 9 or 10 feet. Wondered if I'd lose much in terms of responsiveness.

thanks

Comment

There's a chance of signal loss and interference with longer and longer cords. It should be fine though if it's not passing by a lot of electronic devices. The responsiveness should be fine. You'd need a really, really long cord to experience any noticeable lag.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

ever heard of the wolf king timberwolf gaming keyboard??? Also, is the g11 just as good as the g15? Don't care about the lcd screen.

Comment

I think it's preference really. Although, you could check if the keyboard lets you press 4 keys at once. Some only allow 2 or 3 in the WASD area.

As far as I can tell, the G11 is the G15 without the LCD. I think there's a new version for both models coming that has an orange backlight and less macro keys. They're nice keyboards but are too wide for my liking. Plus, I don't really need macro keys.

The Wolfking is just getting into that specialized gaming devices category. I'm not a big fan of them but it's really a try it out and see if you like it kind of thing. You may like big buttons for jump and nicely placed WASD keys. I'm pretty comfortable with a keyboard and there are a lot of keys already. Also, there are some games that just have so many keys to bind (flight sims and ArmA) that you need a full size keyboard. Even though the keys aren't used often, you don't want to dig up the keyboard to press that key.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X