microphone not working at all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microphone not working at all

Two days ago i logged onto our TF2 server and found out my mic wasnt working. I checked to see it was plugged in, and it was, so i figured it was just broken.

Today i bought a new desktop microphone, but the problem persists. I cannot talk in any games, and i cannot get the little voice recorder that comes with windows XP to record anything.

I have no idea why it went from working 3 days ago to not working 2 days ago. Any suggestions?

Re: microphone not working at all

id say it was deeper than just the mic, possibly a sound card problem, im not too sure, try a driver update, then replugging mic and try again

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
      Two days ago i logged onto our TF2 server and found out my mic wasnt working. I checked to see it was plugged in, and it was, so i figured it was just broken.

Today i bought a new desktop microphone, but the problem persists. I cannot talk in any games, and i cannot get the little voice recorder that comes with windows XP to record anything.

I have no idea why it went from working 3 days ago to not working 2 days ago. Any suggestions?

Did you try it on TS or in another game?
      Did you change any of the settings in game?
      Last edited by Bc2ID; 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM. Reason: never mind...sorry...
      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

One thing to remember as a fallback option: you can use a USB headset to get around the issue if it's your soundcard. I had to do that with my crapulent mobo. Works like a charm.
        Beatnik

Comment

i also just went to the USB mic, I've got 5.1 headset that uses the soundcard though. Everyone in game says it sounds much better that my old mic that used the jack.

ps, hey man what happened to your supporting member badge, its not showing up?

Comment

Updated my soundcard driver but it didnt do anything. Whats odd is that when I look in my computer, i dont know what the heck the soundcard actually is. The only cardish thing i see is the graphics card.

Machowner, im not a SM because i cant really pay for it. Since i dont play BF2 anymore (at least until FH2 comes out) I dont need to pay the SM to be an admin.

Comment

possible its onboard sound?

Comment

Did you check if your mic works with TS?

If it works there, check the sound settings in the control panel. Make sure that it really is your sound card selected and not some other device driver or input that may be on your system.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Check the Sounds and Audio Devices in your Control Panel. Check the recording device (Under the Audio tab), if there is more then one option try selecting a different device. Also make sure your mic isn't muted (volume button in the same menu).

But then again, you not having a mic is better. You talking destroys my in game sound on TF2.

Comment

Try if your mic will work in our TS server first Santa before you decide on doing something more complicated to resolve the issue.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

A USB microphone works. I guess the pink port or whatever you call it was just screwed up somehow.

Comment

It could still be a software setting in the sound control panel and the USB headset changed those settings. Double check that because it's a bit annoying setting up a separate sound device for mic input with Battlefield 2/2142.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

ye well hopefully with the USB you will be able to be much clearer, and problems should be much easier to fix aswell

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X