Mid Game Crash loss of connection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Game Crash loss of connection?

Hi, I am not a noob, but not as savvy as some of you are so I appeal to the genius of you all....

I have a P4 system with 2.5 gig Ram and an EvGA nvidia 7800 GS on my asus p4p800 mobo. The system can use an upgrade I am sure. I have a cable modem (optimum) and for the most part enjoy BF2 Project Reality with no issues. I get very low pings....BUT, almost always, mid game I get a connection problem message and then lose connection. I have to come back in and well you all know what happens from there...terrible for organized gameplay.

ANY suggestions other than get a new computer? I am getting a new laptop...hopefully either the Asus g1, Asus V1, or hp dv9500t...but I need to keep my tower system a little while longer. Is there something I can do ?
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: Mid Game Crash loss of connection?

It might be that you need to update your punkbuster client. Go here, www.punkbuster.com, and download their manual updater. Run the PB Updater, select the directory of BF2, and update your client to the latest.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hi Acreo..thanks...I actually did that already...and I still get that mid game connection lost message...
      sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Make sure you setup your firewall to allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe incoming and outgoing connections to your network and internet.

The following is my own screenshot that shows how I have my firewall setup and the path of PnkBstrA.exe:

Can you also tell us what error message (if any) that you got after getting booted from the PR server.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X