No announcement yet.

Changing color of auto-messages on BF2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing color of auto-messages on BF2?

Not sure if this goes here or in the BF2 area but I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the display color of BF2CC auto-messages on a BF2 server? Ive been searching the web for hours and cant seem to find any good info on this...even BF2CC.com is unclear as to how its done. Any info on how this is done would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a screenie of what im talking about ----> [media]http://www.legacygaming.org/pics/servertext.bmp[/media]
    Warcriminal
    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Re: Changing color of auto-messages on BF2?

|c1000

prefixing that in front of text changes the colour... I'm not sure if the system was made any better but the codes are really weird and unofficially documented. You can change the 1000 to some other number for different colours. Try it out until you get something you like.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

So in BF2cc auto messages it would look like this?
      "|c1000 Server rules help ensure fair play for all on the server, please follow them!"

Sorry for being a tard on this....its a new one for me ;)
      Warcriminal

Comment

Yeah. It's really weird how it's done but I don't think it was intended for public use. It's probably why it wasn't officially documented. I think it was a cheap solution the devs put in so they could have different colours.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Here's what the guys who run that server had to say on this however I tried adding the symbols to my bf2cc auto messages and the code just shows up in front of the in-game message and everything is still the same size and color.

Here's some additional info from Bamboo Commandos

Originally posted by Bumpa-Niggl
          Yo yo!

This is done by a code; there are different ones for big and small letters just as different ones for colors (I believe there are only two colors; green and orange) . . . these you have to place into your messages where ever you want to have something stand out . . .
          • 3 = large text
            C = orange text
            = alt + 0167 or alt + 245

Bamboo Commandos Rocks

should be . . .

Code:
          2C1234B2C1234amboo 2C1234C2C1234ommandos 2C1234R2C1234ocks
          Should work . . . I'm not a pro in this though . . . just looked up the document what I saved when N2 explained, better said, tried explaining it to me . . . I didn't really get it . . . :oops:

Just give it a try . . . :roll:
          Warcriminal

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse