No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurize!

I have just come across a program called samurize and after a quick search on the forum I see it hasn't been previously mentioned so I thought I would share.

First their summary. (

Samurize is an advanced system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines and much much more. And best of all, Samurize is 100% free!

Samurize's rich feature set includes:

• an unrivalled set of built-in meters (Disk utilization, CPU usage, network traffic, system temperatures...)
    • ultimate customizing and skinning possibilities with no programming knowledge required
    • monitoring your own computer or others over a network
    • tiny memory footprint and CPU usage
    • the first system monitoring tool with a true WYSIWYG editor
    • full extensibility via scripts and plugins with a powerful plugin SDK/API
    • minimal software requirements (no .NET or Service Packs necessary)
    • multimonitor support
    • many usage options (desktop, taskbar and clock clients, server outputting to XML or image formats, screensaver)

Samurize: The Only Limit Is Your Imagination.
    Now, I was looking for a program to monitor my computers temperatures. I could not find one that monitored everything I needed (cpu,gpu,hds) until latest speedfan (which previously did now show my gpu temps.

In my search I came across samurize and from the screenshots on their website I decided I would make a little something.

Below is a screenshot of my first "config" which gets values from speedfan and my system and displays them in a nice interface (created all by you!) and makes them readily available on the desktop.

It is essentially just another "widget" program but this is the first one that got me excited and I actually wanted to use it. It was not very noob friendly at first but after a little bit of playing around I got a grip of what the program is all about.

So anyway, I thought I would share this one with you all, maybe this is the type of thing some of you have been searching for. There seem to be alot of scripts/dlls/configs available made by others. I would have to say it's not very easy to pick up at first but if you put in a little bit of time do some reading and digging around you may end up having fun with it like I did. You don't need to have programming experience to use this, but if you have some you may have more fun with this.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Samurize!

This looks nice but it doesn't show the history. I found that RivaTuner's statistics window does a great jog at that. It only does CPU, GPU, fans, and frequencies no networking and memory but it looks great and lets you see what happened before.

Not quite sure what you mean by statistics window. You can add graphs and meters to see your values for the last hour lets say. I think this programs best feature is being able to create the gui to make it look like whatever you can imagine (to some extent).

Ya I already have speedfan, coretemp, rivatuner etc but I wanted something on my screen to display the information I wanted in a way thats pleasing to me, and this is the program that did it for me.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Grabbing this now. Thanks.
        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

This looks pretty cool!
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Another alternative is: SysMetrix.

I've used it in the past and it has been very handy. The only qualm I had with it was that it conflicted with certain other active DX Desktop widgets.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed