No announcement yet.

Killer NIC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer NIC

Any of you spoiled brats have this?

Its a great idea, was wondering if anyone runs it.

For those of you who have no idea what it is. NPU-- network processing unit.
    A weak cpu attached to a network card. It can run alot of the processes without addressing your windows networking services, saving you cpu load and some ms of latency. It seems it can also run your firewall and p2p apps, allowing you to run torrents while playing since only free bandwith is allocated to the app while gaming packets are prioritized.

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Killer NIC

See here and here.

I would invest money elsewhere ;)

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Haven't heard too much good about it. In theory, its a good idea. Just really can't be taken advantage of by many/most people, and even then probably won't make much of a difference.

It's not worth it. You could put that money towards a better connection.

The only time it really comes into play is when you're downloading (no network) and you're gaming. It'll prioritize your game packets (if it can recognize them) and you'll get a slightly lower ping then you would if you didn't have the card. You won't be lag free though.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed