Razor Barracuda and Mic issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor Barracuda and Mic issue

I traded my LCD screen for a brand new still in the box Razor Barracuda headset. Problem is people can't hear me very well on Teamspeak. Any suggestions?

Re: Razor Barracuda and Mic issue

Dirtboy had this same problem with his. Shoot a PM over to him.
    Skud

Comment

did you put voice output up to max in windows control panel settings? Or in whatever software comes with the Razer?
      "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

This is going to sound really dumb...is the mic FULLY connected to the headphones. That was my problem;)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
          This is going to sound really dumb...is the mic FULLY connected to the headphones. That was my problem;)
          I think so. People said they heard me, but it was veryyyy low. Was that your symtom? Even the windows sound/mic test didn't up my voice very well. I was going to give it back today, its packed up but I'll take it back out if you experienced the same thing and only had to connect right. I thought I did, but I could've been wrong.

Edit: I also have the sound settings at max w/ the mic boost on.

Edit#2: Dirt you were right. It works now. I put it in or so I thought, I had to give it that extra snap I guess. How do you like your headset? I was reading in other forums that the headset might not be as reliable. But, people tend to post about problems and not about positive stuff so I'm not sure how to consider it. I'm actually thinking of returning it to get a cheaper headset sturdy headset.
          Last edited by NorCalRoach; 10-13-2007, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I love my headset. I also have the sound card from Razer and that makes it TEN times better. Awesome sound quality, excellent voice quality. Ask anybody, they can hear EVERYTHING;). It is extremely reliable, and wouldnt trade it for anything. If I were you, get a sound card, put it in your gaming rig and you will definatly notice the difference.

ps. I knew that was the trick, I didnt fully snap the mic in and was getting REALLY pissed off. Then I noticed that I didnt click it in all the way and I felt like a tard;)

Comment

ps. I knew that was the trick, I didnt fully snap the mic in and was getting REALLY pissed off. Then I noticed that I didnt click it in all the way and I felt like a tard;)
              ROFL...I was soooo pissed last night. I must've spent 2 hrs cursing at my computer trying to configure the settings. Then after reading your post this morning I double check it and sure enough there was that little click sound that made me feel like an idiot. It felt like it was all the way in, just had to give it that extra tap I guess.

Comment

Score one for Skudirt.

THATS US!
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  Score one for Skudirt.

THATS US!
                  Slap hands;)

Comment

Well that was the fastest solved "tech" problem in like ages. Congrats on a working mic/headset. :D
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm having a problem with my Barracuda. I detached the mic a couple times, and my friend who has one said not to because there were complaints about the mic not working right, such as experiancing a crackling sound. I have that problem, or had, dont think its crackled in a while now, but its still not working right. I use ventrilo and even when the mic isnt plugged in, vent still shows me as transmitting. when I do try and talk it doesn't pick me up and the sensitivity is on low and its not set on push to talk. My friend had also said that i came through very low.

Comment

Slap hands;)
                        Jeez, were those two posts really nescessary?

(How you spell that n word? Nessescery, Nescessary, ...? Confusing me now.)
                        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X