Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue

I'v just started updating my computer resently. I added a harddrive and ram. When i pluged the computer in and tried to start it up my monitor didn't respond and i got a buzzing sound comeing from my flopydisk drive followed by the beep code for "Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue"

I removed all the new hardware and tryed to turn my compuer back on and recived the same problems.

I'v also tried removing the motherboards battery, turning the computer on, shuting it back off and puting the battery back on. This also did nothing.

I'm not sure what i'v done to mess up my computer but i need some help geting it back in order.
    I'm not very computer smart so i need things spelled out exatly.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue

Sounds like a conflict between your current hardware and your gfx card. Might be that your gfx card just went poop.

What new hardware did you add?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I added ram and a new slave harddrive. Both were salvaged from an older computer. I checked the ram and it is compatible with my computer. Could it have ben something on the harddrive i added? If it could have be would it still cause havock after i removed it because i have and it still isn't working.

Comment

Going over what your originally posted... You shouldn't have taken out the CMOS battery. That is there to maintain your BIOS settings and internal system clock. Unless you messed up your BIOS settings (and the jumper clear doesn't work) or your internal system clock is off (no matter what you do), you shouldn't need to pull the battery.

Okay, let me ask this. Does your CPU heatsink fan spin, and does the LED lights on your drives light up when you start up your machine?

In addition, have you tried another monitor with your system (in the event that your monitor isn't working)?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

All the fans in my computer are working and spining. And yes the lights do turn on, on my drives.

Taking off the batery hasn't caused me more problems has it?

I'll go and try another monitor right now.
          Sure hope i can fix this problem without haveing to spend much money.

EDIT: I tried another bran new monitor that i had conected to my 360 and it ,also, didn't work.
          Last edited by PackerBackerMk; 10-15-2007, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hmm...

Well I'm pretty sure you didn't fry your motherboard (good thing).

Next question, are you using a video card or integrated graphics?

If you are using integrated graphics, try clearing your CMOS again. To clear your CMOS, you'll have to short pins 2,3 or 1,2 (look in your motherboard manual to find out) with a jumper. Then put the jumper back in it's place. Turn off your computer before doing this. Then simply turn it back on.

If you're on dedicated graphics (video card), then if you have a spare video card lying around, swap it in and see if the "black" screen goes away. If it does, then most likely your video card went bad.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have a video card not intigrated. Only problem is i don't have another videocard to check it out the computer i'm on right now is intigrated.

Comment

So you still have the same problem even switching over from graphics card to integrated graphics?

Is your hard drive activity light constantly on when you turn on your system?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm prity sure my compute doesn't have intigrated graphics atall. And yes my harddrive light stays on

Comment

Hmm. Okay, reply back with your computer specs (as best as you can).

Sounds like a hardware problem. It's either your processor or your memory (or maybe even both).

Here's what I would do (always power down before messing with the innards):
                    Take out the memory until you have one stick left and then try rebooting.

If it still doesn't boot, I'd swap out the remaining module with another stick of RAM that you know works. Then try rebooting again.

If it's still a no go, then if there is a spare processor, I'd swap out the CPU with the spare. Reboot. It should work now.

If not, I'd put the system back to it's originally parts and order. Then I'd call up the local PC shop (or Geek Squad) and have them take a look at it. From there you can judge if the repairs is worth the price or not.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X