Digital Storm - custom PC systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Storm - custom PC systems

I'm very seriously considering buying a new PC in the coming months and through my searches for a good vendor that does custom performance PC's I've come across Digital Storm www.digitalstormonline.com

On the surface they seem to be very reasonably priced and looks like they provide good customer service to boot.

Has anyone used them before and if so, can you tell me if you're happy with your purchase?

Thanks!

Re: Digital Storm - custom PC systems

I haven't, but they look good. The VIP service sounds especially promising.

Ohhh...a community forum too! That's a new one for a "custom" PC shop. 3 years parts and labor is also a plus. Most of the custom builders are starting to cut it down to 2 years or 1 year.

Pricing is pretty good overall. It seems they stick with really only a few name-brands for their components. Their case selection could be better (most of them are too flashy for me).

I'd call them up and speak to someone and have any questions you might have (or concerns) answered first before you commit to ordering.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've posted in their forums some and everyone, employees and non employees, were very helpful and friendly. They have several employees that participate in their forums. Pretty cool thing they got going it seems.

Comment

If you can you may want to hold out till next year. New Intel procs just around the corner. Here is a picture from another forum. I don't know if this info is 100% accurate, but the prices seem pretty nice.

Just thought I would throw that out there if you are interested. I would imagine the current line of high end processors will see a price drop also so maybe better to wait either way. I suppose it depends what kind of pc you are in the market for.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

@ Polska: Agreed. I hope that both Intel and Nvidia release some new products in the next month or so. Should see a price drop on today's top of the line stuff.

Comment

Don't Forget The Lovable Phenom! :)
            Skud

Comment

It might not be a ton of help, but Tom's Hardware actually did a review of Digital Storm vs. AVA Direct, two independent PC designers, this week. Some decent info in there.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/...s_duke_it_out/

As far as new products go, word on the street (read: article that I read but can't find the link to again) is that Nvidia's new products for the near future are going to be mid-range, not high end. They've got no intention of bumping out their GTX's at the moment. Not sure if that's good or bad for your situation.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                As far as new products go, word on the street (read: article that I read but can't find the link to again) is that Nvidia's new products for the near future are going to be mid-range, not high end. They've got no intention of bumping out their GTX's at the moment. Not sure if that's good or bad for your situation.
                I heard some similar rumors that they would be releasing the 8900 GT which would be their new mid range. If I can find the rumor link I'll post it.

Comment

It might be because graphics manufacturers are transitioning to the 65nm standard versus the 90 nm standard (as most are already doing so).

If you wanted you could wait until mid-November or so for those new 8800 GTs that will sport a "updated" G80. Or wait until Q1 of 2008 for the new G82s.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Here's my 8800GT rumor link http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.p...=16336&catid=2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X