Two monitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two monitors

Right, I have two monitors, and I have hooked them up do I have an extended screen, I am also running Ultramon, and its very useful for if im on the internet or doing work, but I would like to be able to be playign a game such as STALKER, and move my mouse so I can use it on my second monitor talking to my friends on msn. Is this possible or am I just dreaming????
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Re: Two monitors

You can do this if the game will run in windowed mode and doesn't suffer a performance hit when you do so. Note that'll likely make the gamma wonky and cause everything to look too dark. But that would work.

You cannot do fullscreen gaming on one screen and windows apps on the other with one computer as far as I know. So, attach an old computer for your chat crap to the other monitor, or better yet, use Xfire and a ball-peen hammer to encourage your blabbermouth friends to do the same.

Comment

I run two monitors using the dual DVI outputs from my video card. I set it up so my main 24" panel is in front of me in fullscreen mode for the gaming and the second 20" panel is at the side. I run Teamspeak, XFIRE and some hardware monitoring stuff with their windows open on the second screen while the games run on the main.

To access the programs on the side monitor I alt-tab out and back as necessary. This works with BF2 variants that I play mostly. It does not work with ET:QW.

Also, with XFIRE running I can switch to its chat while gaming and had no issues doing that - at least with what I play.

When not gaming the two screens are in extended desktop mode so I can move windows around and mouse over between screens. I find this very useful.
      sigpic

Comment

I found that having both screens running while gaming caused some framerate drop. I just set a profile to disable the second one. Use xfire and teamspeak.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X