Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinFLP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...for_Legacy_PCs

Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs ("WinFLP") is an operating system from Microsoft, based on Windows XP, but optimized for older, less powerful hardware. It was released on July 8, 2006

Just thought I'd make this forum aware of this.

Its not available to the "general public".. but if you know where to look, you can get it. Its very suitable for high performance gaming.

(I'm aware many of you already know of this, but many of you also are not and theres no thread on it, so what the selma hayek?)

Re: WinFLP

Interesting:
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Microsoft sees WinFLP as an inexpensive upgrade option for corporations that have a number of Windows 9x computers, but lack the hardware necessary to support the latest Windows. It is exclusively available to Software Assurance customers. WinFLP excludes Games, Outlook Express and some System Tools, even with a full install (1.1 GB).
    It also vaguely mentions this:
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    # Dial-up networking and terminal based connections are not supported
    # May have compatibility issues with some programs
    # Does not include the NULL.SYS software device (used by Cygwin to implement /dev/null)
    And how do we know the gaming community embraces this "stripped-down" version of XP? Any gaming problems running this version? Appeal to Linux gamers?

And I have not heard of this version before this thread. :p
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      Interesting:

It also vaguely mentions this:

And how do we know the gaming community embraces this "stripped-down" version of XP? Any gaming problems running this version? Appeal to Linux gamers?

And I have not heard of this version before this thread. :p
      Its not very widely known about in the gaming community, but I think if it was they'd be all over it.

Comment

Well since it is developed and mainly sold to companies still running 9x machines, I doubt gamers will be able to get their greedy hands on it (or want to).

Look at Vista gamers. A lot of gamers went and bought Vista Ultimate. I don't think most care whether if their system runs a little faster or not. They like those extra bells and whistles (I know I do).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X