Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Try The Logitech G9 or Microsoft Sidewinder mouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Try The Logitech G9 or Microsoft Sidewinder mouse?

I'm in the market. I like my Razer Diamondback, but it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, and the way the side buttons are laid out they aren't entirely useable for me.

So, has anyone tried either of these mice and have some impressions to share?

The G9 is on the left, the Sidewinder in the middle.

0,1425,sz=1&i=171320,00.jpg
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Re: Anyone Try The Logitech G9 or Microsoft Sidewinder mouse?

That G9 is one ugly looking mouse. It doesn't seem like it would be comfortable. I really like the older Logitech design.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

G9 is not worth any of your time.

I bought an MX518, by far the best mouse ever. Adjustable sensativity and programable buttons all over. 200DPI

Also, not retardedly shaped.
      Skud

Comment

Can I get impressions from someone who actually has one of them? :)

Comment

I have been the proud owner of a G9 a couple of months now, and so far im very satisfyed.

YES, its ugly.... So what?
          The fast interchangeable dpi settings during gaming must be one of the features i like the most. Presettings of 5 different dpisets from 200-3200, me like. The handling is superb, and comfort alike.

Tiny drawback is that its somewhat small BUT, taken into consideration that my hands are big it may as well be my DNAs fault:P Minus number two is that the buttons are just that little bit too hard, for a mouse at this pricerange a setting for the hardness of clicking should not be impossible.

Its very light to the touch, I love it that way. But for you who like to drag a concrete slab around your pad, there are some weight to shove into it (4*4g +4*7g/ 4slots to use).

I do agree with many a gamers opinion, you simply dont need 3200dpi yet. Unless your name is Yoda and have reflexes like a puffadder on speed... But like most humans say when asked why we make (and buy) stupidly fast/big/overadvanced stuff.. because we can.

Comment

<- is Yoda. 1600 DPI sometimes feels too slow. There's something wrong with me...

If I could get the features of the G9 in the mx518's body, I'd probably buy one, but the fit of the mx518 is perfect. Read about different gaming mice and their "grips;" finger grip vs palm grip, meaning what you use more to move the mouse. The G9, with its smaller size, looks like its more reliant on fingers pushing, while the middle is raised a bit, so maybe it can go both ways comfortably.

Comment

the MX518 is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol thought id never say BOMB in that context in my life,,,,

see what kids of effect kids will have on ya

Comment

The one on the far right is the first generation G7. I have the second generation (black) G7 and it is a good mouse. It's been over a year now and I don't think I'll ever go back to OEM 3-button products again.

What I love about it:
                1) side-scroller wheel button. I have left and right scroll bound to primary and secondary weapons in 2142.
                2) sensitivity adjustment buttons (on-the-fly). It comes in real handy going from game to game where I have different mouse sensitivity preferences (shooters to RTS, etc.).
                3) wireless, 2.4 GHz. It's nice to have a mouse without tails. No more cords. I can use it where I want on my desk (or even my living room 60 feet away).
                4) Interchangeable batteries. One runs out, it takes me 3 seconds to swap in the other charged one.

I also think the G9 is an ugly mouse.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I had a MX518 and upgraded it to the revision 2 G5 mouse. Its the same mouse except with laser instead of optical, a three way middle mouse button, and a weight cartridge. It is much better then the MX518, except pushing the mouse wheel down takes getting use to (i.e: not as reliable).

Comment

Well I ordered one that should be arriving tomorrow. The G9 that is. Since getting my Diamondback a year or so ago, I've been been more of a finger than palm person with my mice. I think this should dovetail nicely in with my current mouse habits, but give me lots more options... the dpi, more programmable buttons... I'm excited!

Comment

A twitch could easily send you spinning in circles at the max dpi resolution on the new G9. So does that mean, we could expect you to spin around when we shoot you? :madsmile:
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I won't be playing at anywhere near the max dpi, so that won't be an issue :D

Comment

Aww! I was hoping we might catch you spinning and trying out new dance moves as you fell. :p
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I love my G5 and HEAVY with 36 grams added!
                            Last edited by nuckj; 11-01-2007, 01:19 PM.

| |

Comment

Just wanted to say I *love* this G9. It is the perfect size for fingertip mouse control. It is also very comfortable, extremely customizable. Two thumbs up from me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X