Gaming Keyboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Keyboards

What keyboards do you guys use for gaming? I am just intereted as I am hoping to get the Logitech G15 v2 when it comes out in the UK. I have used my brothers original G15and liked it, although the extra 18 buttons on the left were hardly used at all, so I'm looking to get the V2 because it has less of those buttons.

Link to pics, probably too big to post.
    G15 original:
    [media]http://www.techzine.nl/uploaded/4622_2e265cc2.jpg[/media]
    G15 v2:
    [media]http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/08/G15_CTG.jpg[/media]
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Gaming Keyboards

I have a G15 (old blue one) and I never use the G keys for anything. I use to use them as shortcuts, but now that I have Vista it is kind of useless (Search bar FTW). I like the media controller, I use that all the time.

The G15 isn't really a gaming keyboard since it doesn't have really any good features for games (except the macro recorders, but 3rd party apps can do this).

I still like it though, only problem is the keys are slightly smaller then the generic logitech/Microsoft keyboards.

Comment

Aye, have a G15 as well, and don't use the macro keys too often, though I mostly play FPS. The LCD/controls are what I use the most. Also, they slider to turn on/off the windows key is very nice, not sure if V2 has that feature.

Comment

You seem to be confused. This is a keyboard. Nothing else is a keyboard.

Comment

10 year old HP keyboards for the win. I HATE USB
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

omg that v2 keyboard looks sick! how much is that gonna be? man i gotta get me one of those
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
              You seem to be confused. This is a keyboard. Nothing else is a keyboard.
              Is that one of the old skool ones with the nice, clicky keys? That looks like a real beauty! :)
              sigpic

Comment

Yep. I bought a second one for work. The rubber garbage was driving me batty.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                  Is that one of the old skool ones with the nice, clicky keys? That looks like a real beauty! :)
                  EWWW! I have an AST (if any of you remember that company) keyboard that is just as old or even older. The old ones rock- except when they get written on- I have an ancient dell that some one blackened out the letters so gaming or typing is crazy. :madsmile:

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

BTW, a program called TS Overlay could also show you whos in the channel. So no fancy G15 keyboard is needed. hell, go to any store and buy the cheapest keyboard you can find. 99% of keyboards are perfect the way they are. I've had nice ones like mine, and ones from a mail order catalog, all work fine. Some early 90's ones kickin around too.
                    Skud

Comment

I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000. It has a slight gentle curve (like those of the split ergonomic keyboards, but without the split). It only cost me about $20 shipped.

The only thing that really bugs me is the longetivity of the lettering on the keys. I mean, if I'm going to dish out $70+ on a keyboard those key letterings better not fade for at least 5 years.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

But the keys - they don't move! How can you adopt the keys to your fingers - if they don't move?
                        Mine is quite different...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Don't those keys slide around when you don't press down on them from the proper angle?
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have some dynex keyboard + mouse that came together, mouse blows, but the keyboard is no different than the old ones i used to have (like that one of the pic above)
                            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                              Don't those keys slide around when you don't press down on them from the proper angle?
                              Check out ergodex.com - the keys have a very sticky bottom and have to be twisted off. There are other threads about this keyboard here BTW. I like it a lot, but have mixed feelings because of no drivers for Vista (and Linux).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X