Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking 9600pro recommend a gpu fan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking 9600pro recommend a gpu fan?

I am trying to overclock my 9600pro in order to play the newer games suck as doom3 and farcry better. My currect clock settings on my 9600pro are 325/200 and there is only a heatsink on the gpu. I have been able to increase the clock speeds to 420/220 with the stock heatsink. Can you guys recommend a gpu fan/ agp slot cooling device? I am new to the overclocking community and don't know whats good.

Re: Overclocking 9600pro recommend a gpu fan?

ram might need cooling, so something like this: http://www.vantecusa.com/p_ccbrs8.html would be a good idea. For the GPU alot of people love the arctic coolers "VGA silencer" but im not to sure on it....http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/

if your any good with a drill you might get much better performance by finding a small socket A/370 heatsink and modding it. A good start would be one of these: http://www.akasa.co.uk/spec/coolers/spec_ak_350_oem.htm
    From Adam Webb

Comment

How far can you overclock a 9800Pro without it overheating?

Comment

every card is different sniper

for instance my 9700pro can only hit 360 with air, where as the last batch can hit 460.........
        From Adam Webb

Comment

You could be a spaz like me and go water cooled. Not only makes for easy GPU OCage, but also FSB and CPU overclocking. But then again, if you are going on a budget: ignore this.

Comment

when watercooled my 9700pro could do 388mhz...not bad

for somereason ive not setup my watercooling yet on my new pc...strange
            From Adam Webb

Comment

yeah watercooling is too much money, and I dont like the idea about drilling holes into the card. I think the vga silencer will be the way to go.

Comment

no i didnt mean into the card, i ment the heatsink

watercooling isnt that bad now, sure the kits cost alot, but a dangerden RBX/TDX costs just under 35, yet most top end heatsinks cost 40-50 without a fan........
                pipes/pumps can all be found cheaply at any fish/pond place, and the rad can be found from a scrap yard. My first watercooling system cost alittle under 80
                From Adam Webb

Comment

I am not a fan of water cooling. I don't like the thought of water being in my case and I would rather spend the extra money towards a new video card. The vga silencer is only $20 and on ebay its like $12.

Have you seen any guides online that have drilled wholes into the heatsink in order to place a CPU fan instead?

Comment

well you need to get the heatsink lined up nicely, and get holes drilled in it so it matches well...

vga silencer will be fine tho i guess..
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...