Another Vista question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Vista question

Currently I have Vista x64 installed and running (no issues for 8 months now). But my question is this: Is there any advantage to running the 64 bit Internet Explorer? I normally use FireFox or Netscape, so this is just one of those curiosity things.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Another Vista question

If something doesn't render correctly in FireFox then you can use IE. Other than that, I don't see why you'd want to lose the extension support that FireFox has.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Nothing in particular.

Comment

Are there any native 64-bit viruses out there that can take advantage of it to spread faster? ;)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

there is a 64bit version of firefox............

just a thought.

64 bit vista is coming into its own very fast. I have it installed right now and can definitely see a performance boost. plus all the software I use either works out of the box, or has a 64bit version for DL. windows media encoder x64 is at least 30% faster, and the 4gigs of ram I am putting in next week is gonna friggin ROCK!
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Using the 64Bit IE, I have had a few issues with plugins like Media Player and Adobe. That is why i am curious if the 64bit has any advantages.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'm installing vista today with crysis, and thought 64 bit still has driver issues and problems with games?!?!?

Comment

I have no issues with games (minus the 4GB ram thing). But I have run into certain 3rd legacy programs that do not play well with others.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                  Using the 64Bit IE, I have had a few issues with plugins like Media Player and Adobe.
                  Same thing here, using xp64 & IE. I just use the 32 bit one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X