X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Spectre Gamer Keyboard

Anyone own or looking at this keyboard?

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&WT.mc_id=9037

Looks to be very new because I did find any real reviews when googling it.

I'm looking for a replacement for my Saitek Eclipse. The keys are so worn it's not funny. I'm still considering an Eclipse II but from reading reviews it appears the II has the same problem as the I as far as the key coating wearing off real quickly.

I've looked at the Logitech G11 but it seems really big and I don't use additional function keys either.

Another unique requirement is although I'm an FPS player I don't WASD, I use the arrow keys to the left of the numpad. The other gaming keyboard I was looking at (Creative Fatality) has them in a weird place or I'd be seriously considering it.

I can get all 4 of those keyboards (Saitek II, G11, Fatality or Spectre) for ~$50 so honestly what I'm looking for is good illumination in conjunction with good key response. I do have to say my Eclipse is one of the most responsive keyboards I've had.

Re: Creative Spectre Gamer Keyboard

From the sounds of it, you need a keyboard with a bunch of keys tightly placed. Since you're an arrow keys player, you need more keys together but at the place where you like your left hand to rest.

This Spectre Gamer looks decent. It has quite a few keys in the arrow key location. It's up to you in the end.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, I like the Spectre for that reason, although the Eclipse II has a similar key configuration. I just hate buying without some reviews for a product so I thought I'd see if anyone here had one before jumping off a cliff.

Honestly, I'd probably go an Eclipse II if it wasn't for what appear to be the continued problems with coating on the keys wearing off quickly. That's the only reason I'm looking at moving away from my Eclipse I. It's looking really shabby. :(

Comment

If the keys rub off on the Spectre, you're not worse off than the Saitek Eclipse II. The other concern would be how many keys you can press at once in the arrow key area (ie. up + left + some other key may not work).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X