Network Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Card

I was looking online, cuz i got bout 300 dollars for my bday and i wanted to get a new video card or something, and i came across this: http://www.killernic.com/buy/techspecs.aspx

This network card looks sweet, but not only that, the specs it details makes it sound so awesome. can anyone tell me is this something to buy? or should i stick to getting a vid card?
    (im gonna get a vid card for christmas if not right now so if its a good thing to buy be honest)

edit: the one on the left not the right, the Killer NIC not Killer K1
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Network Card

Heh, thats one thing to not get sucked in by, how a company will sell their product to you by hyping up a lot of details.

I can't recommend you to get one, they really aren't worth it, nor do they do a lot of good. Google reviews on it and you'll see. In theory, it is a wonderful device, but like the physx card, it really didn't turn out too well.

I'd personally steer that money to a 8800 GT, they're quite a strong card for the money you spend. Or, I'd actually wait till Christmas or longer and see what the new year brings.

Comment

See here and here.

As good as it may sound, it can't do much about the routers and other devices between you and the game server...

I would invest money elsewhere ;)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Dood. Totally get it!

It will make your lgaz disappears and you'll get more killz.

Honestly... you know how many games you can buy for $300?! Or just saving it for something you really need?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Think about the amount of novels or computer parts you can put that $300 towards!

The Killer NIC is not worth the money, no matter the amount of hype you read or hear about it.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ok, thanks, i think im gonna be buying some SteelSeries gaming equiptment (nice mousepades, mice, keyboard) and also a new video card, thanks mates
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

The only time a NIC is a good investment is when you need fast LAN performance, like fast file copies to and from your server. You have a server at home, right? (I do!)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The best way I can say it is your internet conection is only going to be as good as your ISP will allow it to be. Not much on your end can really help it. You could spend thousands of dollars buying gimick stuff that claim to increase speed and get less lag but at the best you will probably only gain a very small amount. Save the money for something like the better mouse, pad, and video card. Or do as suggested and WAIT to see what the new year brings. I've been hearing more rumors about Nvidia and the 9xxx series card!!

Comment

Claiming a network card will improve Internet gaming reminds me of this ad for a TV antenna that (gasp!) pulls the signal right out of the air!

http://www.milk.com/wall-o-shame/dish.html
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X