Vista exe permission?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista exe permission?

anyone know how I can disable Windows Vista asking me if I want to allow a exe on start up? (I have the codemeter stick in for SB Pro PE, everytime I turn on my PC it stops loading to ask me if I want to allow the codemeter.exe)

anyway to disable that, if I didn't want a exe to run I would of put it on my PC, now I understand asking if it is a exe from the internet, or outside my PC, but if it's ON my pc it should be allowed... talk about paranoid.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Vista exe permission?

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
    anyone know how I can disable Windows Vista asking me if I want to allow a exe on start up? (I have the codemeter stick in for SB Pro PE, everytime I turn on my PC it stops loading to ask me if I want to allow the codemeter.exe)

anyway to disable that, if I didn't want a exe to run I would of put it on my PC, now I understand asking if it is a exe from the internet, or outside my PC, but if it's ON my pc it should be allowed... talk about paranoid.
    I'm not 100% certain this will work for your codemeter program, but I use this method to start rivatuner without disabling the UAC. Rivatuner, if started the usual ways via registry key or startup folder, will have windows block it and ask me if I want to run it every startup. So I use the Task Manager to schedule Rivatuner to start up 30 seconds after I log in. I delay the start up 30 seconds to give the other stuff time to run.

Here's what you can try for codemeter

goto Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler

Create Task, its on the right hand panel or under the Action menu.
    On the General Tab, give the task a name and check the "Run with highest privileges" box.
    On the Triggers Tab, click New then change Begin the task: to At log on. I also delay the start time 30 seconds, just because I like this program to start last.
    On the Actions Tab, click New then select your codemeter program as the program to run.
    Nothing needs to be changed to the Conditions Tab, but you might look it over to make sure.
    On the Settings Tab I usually uncheck Stop the task if it runs longer than:

Also, don't forget to tell codemeter not to start up when windows starts.

Comment

thx... will try that.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

start -> run -> msconfig

under tools, scroll down to disable UAC and click launch.

that might help.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X