Best 20+ inch Flat Monitor for Gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 20+ inch Flat Monitor for Gaming

I have a 21 inch 75 pound CRT and i truly want to switch to a flat panel monitor.
    I want one that will be good for gaming. Any Ideas?

Thanks!
    Ben

All I ask for is communication

Re: Best 20+ inch Flat Monitor for Gaming

I'm hoping that the Envision 22" widescreen I got will be good. But it came packed with 2 monitor-to-PC cables and no power cable, so I have to wait a week or so to find out. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
      I have a 21 inch 75 pound CRT and i truly want to switch to a flat panel monitor.
      I want one that will be good for gaming. Any Ideas?
      I'm not sure which is the best per se, but I've been very happy with the monitors I've purchased from Dell (20.1" and 24"). The one I'm using right now is the 2407WFP.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I've been very happy with my Chimei 22inch 800:1 monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824252008

It has pretty good reviews too on newegg. Its only 239.99 now, I paid 279.99 back in Feb/March for this.

Comment

I have a 20 inch Hitachi tube and I don't want to give up its huge resolution (2048x1500), particularly in the vertical direction (critical for coding, so I can see lots of code at once). It looks like I'll need a 24" flat screen to get comparable vertical resolution.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Dell ultrasharps are definatly worth it, but I've used an envision 17 CRT for a years and it's never had a problem. I plan on getting a 19 inch LCD from envision this winter.
            Skud

Comment

I had a LG L204WTX. It was preaty nice although the viewing angles from above and below kind of sucked.

But now I have a 26 inch monitor and use my LG as a second monitor.

Comment

I use a samsung 226cw, it a 22" flatscreen. I love it. Great quality, good color, it really made a difference for me.
                http://www.samsung.com/ca/products/m...2mexsfvxaa.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                  I'm hoping that the Envision 22" widescreen I got will be good. But it came packed with 2 monitor-to-PC cables and no power cable, so I have to wait a week or so to find out. :)
                  Woman at Best Buy hooked me up, and I got a little gaming in this afternoon. It's delicious.
                  [volun2]
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                    Woman at Best Buy hooked me up, and I got a little gaming in this afternoon. It's delicious.
                    Yeah, but tell us about your flat screen! :p
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

lol

All I ask for is communication

Comment

I just ordered a 22" Acer 2216 from NewEgg this weekend for $200 bucks. It got pretty good reviews on CNET and NewEgg. I'll let you know how it is after I get it tomorrow.

I'd give you the link on NewEgg, but the site is down right now for some reason.

Edit - Here it is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009094

Looks like they bumped the price up to $230, but it's still an awesome deal.
                        Last edited by Evo<^|SiNz|^>; 11-27-2007, 02:19 PM.
                        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I paid $149.

God I love Black Friday.
                          [volun2]

Comment

Gotta love cheap flat-panel monitor technology in general these days.
                            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                              I just ordered a 22" Acer 2216 from NewEgg this weekend for $200 bucks. It got pretty good reviews on CNET and NewEgg. I'll let you know how it is after I get it tomorrow.

I'd give you the link on NewEgg, but the site is down right now for some reason.

Edit - Here it is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009094

Looks like they bumped the price up to $230, but it's still an awesome deal.

I have an Acer that looks like that but it has a glossy screen. I think mine was around the same price too. The model number is X222W.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X