Razer Copperhead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Copperhead

yeah im sure those of you on teh TG css server heard me going on and on about me getting the copperhead but i have a question on it. it JUST came in bout 3 hrs ago, but i can NOT seem to get control over it, when i aim at a guys head it takes a sec for me to line up a shot, its just so crazy i cant aim right with it no matter what setting i put it on, should i try diff DPI's, rolling rates, or just try and get used to it for a while.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Razer Copperhead

I had to turn down the pointer speed and sensitivity a bit for games like that. It is actually so sensitive it can mess up your aim a bit. As for the DPI, I have mine maxed and have no issues.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Is it ball, optical, or laser? If not ball, what's your surface and the DPI?

In short, if the eye can't track the surface properly, it'll do weird things. Lower DPI would let it see more of the surface, which on some textures might help. Laser in theory is much better at tracking a surface than optical, but laser tends to underperform when moved swiftly, though it seems your trouble is in the low-motion arena.

Comment

Copperhead is a Laser gaming mouse, and my surface is a steelseries mousepad (Steelseries Qck: http://www.steelseries.com/us/produc...ck/information)

It seems like if i play with the sensitivity i can find one that fits, like if its slower i can pull off Headshots better, but if its faster, i can swing around corners and run-and-gun nicely. i think i just have to get used to it cuz ive never had a gaming mouse before, always those cheap keyboard-mouse combo things with the cheap mice. and i tryed lower the rolling rate and it doesnt seem to do much unless im not seeing what its supposed to do.
        "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Do you mean polling rate instead of rolling rate? A higher polling rate is prefered, basically it is how many times a second the the mouse sends info to the computer. If this is set higher making non linear moves like an arc create a smoother and more accurate represintation on screen.

I have the G5 and depending on the game I have to switch my DPI setting and sometimes adjust the mouse sensitivity in the game menu as well to suit. I usually play on a low DPI for finer movement but some games, like COD 4, require me to run much higher DPI.

Comment

... you have disabled that mouse acceleration / precision enhancement bullhockey in Windows', and preferably, have the slider set to the middle position, right?

If you leave accleration or precision (2k/XP lingo) on, you'll never get consistent motion. If you put the slider on anything but the middle position, the mouse will always skip or drop motion information.

Comment

Are u talking about me magna? and if u are, how do i turn off the acceleration or precision? and how do i check the slider? and to Long bow, when i open up the Razer menu thing for my mouse, it says Rolling Rate and DPI, not polling rate.

EDIT: Whoopsie! yep i checked again and it says Polling rate, sry, i thought that was an R not a P.

Comment

Yeah, when users switch to gaming mice thier game takes a hit for a bit. Use full DPI, but lower your sensitivity to feel like it used to. Then bump it up when you're comfortable.
                Skud

Comment

On XP, instead of the series of options, it gives you a single toggle for "enchanced precision." Turn it off. On XP, off doesn't mean off, because Balmer Knows Best, Prole, but you'll need to play the registry game to fix it, and it's not a big difference unless you're überpro.

Comment

ok, thanks, im gonna go through this weekend to see if i can get used to it, and then monday ill change it around and see how much of a difference it makes. thanks guys!

P.S i was looking around at alot of forums/blogs/sites that people have posted about the copperhead and almost all of them said it takes a long while to get used to it because its much different feel from logitechs and other brands of mice. esspecially GAMING mice.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X