Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU coolers

Hi,
    Looking for recommendations for a GOOD cpu heatsink and fan that is effective and quiet!!

Thanks
    Mot

Re: CPU coolers

I assume you mean for an AMD Athlon XP right?

whats your budget?

heres an awesome heatpipe with compatability for any curent cpu:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...106-043&DEPA=0

then there is this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...109-114&depa=0
    and a low speed fan

but personally, I have a apo's old thermalright ax7 with the 8000 rpm delta fan... I took the delta off and put a very low noise fan on it and my 3000+ never hits 40c. with the side panel off and no ther fans running, you can't even hear the fan because of the noise the hard drives (2 wd 12000jb's) put out. I could probably do some dynamatting and get a silent pc out of it if I wanted to.

spend a whole lot on the heatsink. any of the thermalright slk series/ an ax7 or an alpha pal is good.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

OOPS..no actually.. P4 3.0E socket 478

Both look like viable choices Dog for the P4

The first as I understand it is HUGE..and could be hard to fit.

Like the second link too.

Comment

the best suggestion is really to get one of the thermalright slk's or the ax7 and get a quiet fan. these heatsinks are the best in the business for air cooling.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X