5.1 Headset Recommendations...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.1 Headset Recommendations...

I finally talked with wife into letting me get a pair. I don't know which ones to get or where to even start researching. I did a google search for reviews and didn't find much...

I thought there was a thread about them on here but I couldn't find it even after searching.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: 5.1 Headset Recommendations...

There is a thread (several actually) on the subject of 5.1 headset recommendations. You might have to look back to January or last year though. Some of them are old threads.

Here's one on the Medusa 5.1's: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...d-you-buy.html

Cingular Duality can probably tell you about his pair of Audio Techinica 5.1's as well.

Several other TGers here own 5.1 headsets and I'm sure they'll come around and give you the pros and cons on their choosings.

Hope that helps. :)

Good Luck!
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Although the Medusa's are a little expensive, they are of excellent quality and are very comfortable. After playing COD4 for 3 hours, not once did I find them hurting my hears and head. I'll recommend those.

Comment

I use the Zalman 5.1 headphones. They're one of the cheapest 5.1 headphones you can get and are very comfortable. I've gotten used to 5.1 sound from headphones over speakers. The directional sound is quite excellent with the Zalmans. There's no mic attached to it though so you have to figure out a way to jerry rig one. Usual price is about $50.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I use Razer's HP-1 headset. It works well and has great sound quality. I got mine off of woot! and thought something wasn't quite right. I sent that set back with no problem. Got a new set without any problems.

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=38

Comment

I recomend the Zalmans they really are quality made, very comfy, very sturdy and quality sound, really helps when defending on css to know which direction those footsteps are coming from. Plus the price tag is something your wife can smile about aswell.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
              Although the Medusa's are a little expensive, they are of excellent quality and are very comfortable. After playing COD4 for 3 hours, not once did I find them hurting my hears and head. I'll recommend those.
              I agree with jmaker.
              The Old Guy
              kin3
              sigpic

Comment

I would consider the Zalman's if I didn't need a microphone. I don't really want to have to super glue or, heaven forbid, duct tape a microphone to a new headset. I'm going to look at the Medusa, Razer, and Audio Technica sets...

Thanks guys.
                It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Medusa's for teh win!
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

When I bought my gameing headset my research online came to the conclusion that 5.1 headphones don't actually do anything above and beyond normal headphones, it's more of an advertising gimick. I could be wrong though :) Basically the sites I read said to buy the best quality headphones you can afford that have the best sound quality. Beacuse you can't actually do true 5.1 in a headset there is no benefit to the 5.1 headsets over a normal one. So the higher quality one will sound better and still give you the same situational awarness. I have a seperate mic that I use which is a bit of a pain.

Im not knocking the suggestions here just some food for thought.

Comment

Long Bow, you can do 5.1 in a headset but ONLY if the headphones have 3 to 4 different speakers inside them. Otherwise it's just stereo and virtual surround sound.

After reading a million different reviews, and comparing prices, I ended up going with the Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1 Headset.

Comment

Perhaps things have changed since I did my research about a year ago, perhaps I was an idiot and missed that, or perhaps both ;)

Glad you found what you were looking for, now get your mic going.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, most if not all 5.1 head sets have at least 3 speakers per side. Front, Rear, and Center/Sub(which are sometimes separate). If you do not have a 5.1 card or do not use 5.1 output on your speaker settings, then you will not get the 5.1. Some people mistakenly choose headphones for the output option when you should choose 5.1. There is definitely a huge difference between regular head sets and 5.1. If there wasn't, then the Medusa's wouldn't be banned from CAL/CPL competitions.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I bought a pair of Zalman 5.1s and they worked great until the right speaker died about a year latter.

Comment

Damn you people. Those Medusa headphones look really nice, now I wish I had seen this thread over a year ago. Of course justifying an even more expensive set would be hard.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X