Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 3000 Series

Does anybody have one of these.

I have been thinking about getting one for my Christmas present. Anandtech says they perform much better than the 8600 GTS. Toms hardware says about 60% better and it is about the same or cheaper.

Currently I have a 3700 athlon something and 2 gig memory so Getting a superduper card would be a waste for the foreseeable future. Plus I am not completely unhappy with what I get out of my 6800 GS so this step up would be more than enough for awhile.

But I would like to know if anybody has other opinions based on experiance.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Radeon 3000 Series

I have a 2900 but I have read a lot about the 300 series. They look like incredible cards for the money. Definitely not a bad purchase.
    sigpic

Comment

If you can get the 3870 thats the best Performance/Price card available, more so than the nvidia 8800GT 512. But with your current setup your bottleneck will be ur CPU.

Wait and save, nvidia is releasing its new chipset/video cards in January/February (So i've read rumors)

The new Chipset will take use of Intels new 45nm Processors, and the New 9 series Video cards will be just as fast as a 8800 Series in SLI (Real ruff estimates/rumors).
      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
        If you can get the 3870 thats the best Performance/Price card available, more so than the nvidia 8800GT 512. But with your current setup your bottleneck will be ur CPU.

Wait and save, nvidia is releasing its new chipset/video cards in January/February (So i've read rumors)

The new Chipset will take use of Intels new 45nm Processors, and the New 9 series Video cards will be just as fast as a 8800 Series in SLI (Real ruff estimates/rumors).
        Yea, I won't be able to upgrade the rest of the system for about 6 months or even a year. Baby is due Jan 8th and $200 is the hard budget limit.

Do you think the stuff coming out in jan/feb will be less than $200?
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

The mid range stuff will almost certainly be but I doubt that will be out in January. Usually the expensive enthusiast level parts come out a few months before the budget stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X