No announcement yet.

Recommendation: Cowon D2 Portable Multimedia Player

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation: Cowon D2 Portable Multimedia Player

For those who don't know what the Cowon D2 PMP is or have never heard of the brand name Cowon, iAudio, or jetAudio, here is a review of the product in all its glorious detail:

I highly recommend this product to those of you who are considering alternatives to the iPod Classic/Nano/Shuffle that can still watch movies and has a SD/SDHC card expansion.

Just got mines earlier today and have loaded ~1.8 GB of music onto it and it is superb. The bass is good and treble is crisp and clear (as listened through a pair of HD201s and UE Super.Fi 3s) unlike the iPod Nano 2G I have. One additional thing, this player drives my HD201s to higher levels of performance than my Nano or my brother's Classic could ever do.

Format support is also excellent. It supports, mp3, mp4, ogg, flac, and several other formats as well as plain text files and flash games. Battery life is outstanding. Manufacturer gives an estimated 52 hours playback time for songs and 10 hours playback time for videos (which is basically double that of the current iPod Classic 6G). Did I mention is supports SD and SDHC cards up to 16 GBs (so far)?

It has a touchscreen and a trangular stylus and most of the players functions are performed through a single or double-tap. Screen quality is good and the 2.5" screen seems to be much better than that of the iPod Classic. Some decent quality 'buds are included, a drivers CD, a quick start guide, and a bunch of other forms in various languages come with a nice box.

If you want to know more, ask away. Or just read the in-depth review I linked to at the beginning of this thread. :row__577:
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed