Help with some PDFs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with some PDFs...

I've tried several so-called free ones (ended up being trial versions) and they either don't keep the formatting or only convert the first page or so of the PDF document.

Does anyone know of a free or open-source PDF converter that will allow me to convert unencrypted PDFs (they're all ebooks) to plain text while keeping the text formatting and outputting all to one file?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Help with some PDFs...

Plain text doesn't have formatting. What do you want to retain from the PDF file? Correct paragraph breaks?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

foxit reader allows not only for a txt capture, but also a picture capture.

freeware
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Not sure about converting to a plain .txt file. But you may want to take a look under the non-commercial section of http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_conversion. I have a Sony reader and just converted a PDF ebook the other day to a LRF format using a app called libprs500. It kept the formatting for me for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
          Plain text doesn't have formatting. What do you want to retain from the PDF file? Correct paragraph breaks?
          Yes correct paragraph breaks and spacing.

I've tried Foxit, their "capture" and "text saving" features are only on their paid "pro" version.

Squint, my Cowon D2 PMP can only read text files so that is why I wanted to convert my PDF ebooks into text (although I wish I had a Sony eReader).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            Yes correct paragraph breaks and spacing.

I've tried Foxit, their "capture" and "text saving" features are only on their paid "pro" version.

Squint, my Cowon D2 PMP can only read text files so that is why I wanted to convert my PDF ebooks into text (although I wish I had a Sony eReader).
            the version I have is free and it does the text capture. maybe because I use an old version. I can email it to you.....
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Sure, that'll be nice. PM sent.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X