ipod vs zune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod vs zune

Christmas time,which is better and why? i like the fact that the zune has a fm radio but that the only thing I see in it's favor.
    Thanks

Re: ipod vs zune

I actually own a Samsung T-9 but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go Zune. And it is because it DOES have an FM radio. I don't listen to music during my work day as much as I do radio so that's a huge requirement for me.

Comment

The zune used to be the laughing stock of the mp3 set. But the new version is actually getting some good reviews. Here is a pod cast that goes into some depth about the changes. And the corresponding blog entry.

Some of the highlights I remember are:

Software has gotten more user friendly.
      It handles video much better.
      The marketplace (iTunes equivalent) has improved. But is still not as good as iTunes.
      Handles pod casts now.
      It has good WiFi syncing capabilities.

Of course if you own Apple computers the the choice is a no brainer.

Me? I bought the sansa e250 from SanDisk with an FM tuner.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

My wife and I decided to pay the premium to get 160g Ipod classics for each other for xmas. The fact is that the iPod has almost become the standard for large MP3 players. The aftermarket industry is almost entirely geared towards it. We're looking at hot tubs for our new house, and they all offer iPod docks. Not Zune docks or anything else docks. Ipod docks.

And Apple has sold enough that they know what they're doing and put out a good product.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I use an Ipod and I am very happy with it.
          I lost my ipod for a while and when I gave up looking for it I considered getting a Zune but all of the reviews I read at the time said that the Zune did a lot of stuff but it didnt do anything well. This was right when the zune was released and to be honest I havent looked at the zune since. I found my Ipod a few days later too lol.

If some one figures out a way to by pass the 3 day time limit on shared music then I would say Zune all the way but for now im content with my Ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by IanTheRed View Post
            If some one figures out a way to by pass the 3 day time limit on shared music then I would say Zune all the way but for now im content with my Ipod.

The three day limit is gone. Still have the three time limit though.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

3 time limit needs to go too.

Comment

Zune.

Owned one for about 6 months. I don't bash ipods at all. I find them very similar. I just prefer the interface brand by preference.

ITT: You listen to people make false claims about a zune.

But, if you really want pros and cons:

Pros of Zune:
                Better for video.
                More "hacks"
                no finicky ipod wheel.
                Backgrounds!
                Great for viewing folders. Auto monitor folders, too
                GREAT FM tuner
                Wireless sharing/Wireless sync.

Cons:
                Some struggle with software. the most recent software update DID screw up EVERYONE'S library, however, it WAS FIXED WITHIN A WEEK.
                iTune's is easier to navigate, but less visually pleasing.
                Less accessories, however, Belkin and Bose support both. Also, if you can catch a deal like i did (Free AV kit worth 99.99), you're golden.
                Skud

Comment

At first thought, I wanted to immediately say iPod, but thats only because ive had a nano since the first day it came out, and I've never actually had a Zune. After viewing some, the Zune seems good, but i like iPod better because its smaller, but, again, i've never had a Zune so i dont know how it actually works, all i know is that i take my iPod with me, literally, almost everywhere, and ive never had any problems with it and i love it.

The accessories are nice, and i like the look of it. Also, i'm not sure if it's still true, but i remember the commercial saying that you could send pics/songs to another Zune owner?
                  thats pretty neat if its true, and it has a FM radio, that could be nice to have if you dont wanna listen to your own stuff.

I'd say go with Zune. They seem to have a lot more 'abilities' to their MP3 player.
                  "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                    My wife and I decided to pay the premium to get 160g Ipod classics for each other for xmas. The fact is that the iPod has almost become the standard for large MP3 players. The aftermarket industry is almost entirely geared towards it. We're looking at hot tubs for our new house, and they all offer iPod docks. Not Zune docks or anything else docks. Ipod docks.

And Apple has sold enough that they know what they're doing and put out a good product.
                    Dang, you're getting a hot tub with Ipod docks? You must be rollin'! When's the next Cing TG house party?!
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                      Dang, you're getting a hot tub with Ipod docks? You must be rollin'! When's the next Cing TG house party?!
                      I wish. No, but I splurged on a glossy hot tub promo magazine for $5 at Home Depot the other day, and pretty much all new hot tubs have an optional iPod dock with built in speakers. Most of them also offer a weatherproof HD LCD if you really have the big bucks.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd say a Zune but thats mainly because I don't like Itunes. My girlfriend has one and it is pretty sweet.
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X