Would a 8800GT be to much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a 8800GT be to much

for the CPU to handle, as in i cant take full advantage of the card because it will be limited by my CPU.

4800 AMD X2
    2Gb Ram
    currently 8600GT.

I'm just curious, i'm not really thinking of buying one now but maybe after christmas when everything is on sale anyway

i have to say that the 8600GT is better than what people say though.
    I'm sorry, I was taking life seriously.

Re: Would a 8800GT be to much

Yes but you'll still see an improvement with the 8800GT. If you can fit in a CPU upgrade in a year, this might be a good upgrade.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yep, running it with a 4400+ and its been smooth sailing.

Comment

You will see an improvement in games for sure. The problem is that the cpu may limit your max fps but who cares if you can only max out at a rock solid 50fps instead of hitting 75fps? I'm still single core and have a 8800 GTS 640mb and saw a nice jump in all games over my 7800GTX. The higher the in game settings and resolution the more work load shifts to the GPU, so if you play at 800x600 it may not be worth it ;) Plus that card should be good for the next year or so which gives you time to upgrade the cpu later.

Comment

I was using a 4200+ with my 8800GTX and I was bottle necking really bad on games like UT3 and Crysis but I just upgraded to the 6400+ Black Edition and my games are flawless now.

Comment

Originally posted by IanTheRed View Post
            I was using a 4200+ with my 8800GTX and I was bottle necking really bad on games like UT3 and Crysis but I just upgraded to the 6400+ Black Edition and my games are flawless now.
            Did your max fps go up or were you stuttering at all times?

Comment

at max settings 1920x1200 with UT3 i was getting 20-25 fps online, that increased to 40+ with spikes in the 60s

Crysis was eating my computer for breakfast before the upgrade and now it is smooth and playable. Never took the time to find out my FPS for Crysis though

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X