Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting my DVD collection to smaller files for iPod?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting my DVD collection to smaller files for iPod?

I'm sure that some will argue that it's not fair use, but I'm convinced that it is.

Do iPods come with software that will convert a DVD movie to a file that I can play on my iPod? Is there some other (free, hopefully!) software out there that will do it?

I've never really ventured into the world of video conversion, so now that I'm getting an iPod, I'm painfully ignorant on this... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Converting my DVD collection to smaller files for iPod?

you'll need to convert them to .mov format and there are quite a few programs out there that can do it.

Any DVD will need to be converted digitally first though then that conversion gets taken to another program to be converted to ipod format.

Here is a good list

Ideally you want to convert the DVD to a common format that another converter can read. That type of software is typically bought though.

- -

Comment

Videora

Once you've ripped the video from DVD, Videora can be a one-click step to making iPod compatible videos. It even has a guide on how to convert your DVDs. It's free and so is DVD Decrypter (the DVD ripper used in the guide).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
        Videora

Once you've ripped the video from DVD, Videora can be a one-click step to making iPod compatible videos. It even has a guide on how to convert your DVDs. It's free and so is DVD Decrypter (the DVD ripper used in the guide).
        Ooh, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! I've already started ripping DVDs to my new HDD using DVD Decrypter, and stripped out the bonus features and alternate soundtracks using DVDShrink. I'll have to check it out when I get home!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Videora is quite the tool for iPods. I've converted videos so easily with it. It'll take just about any format and convert it for use with iPods.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X