BF2 or 2142?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 or 2142?

Which one should I buy? Both seem to have really high ratings, but which do you guys recommend?

Re: BF2 or 2142?

Originally posted by KillDaddy View Post
    Which one should I buy? Both seem to have really high ratings, but which do you guys recommend?
    Well, if only one is an option then I'd recommend BF2. You can likely find it much cheaper plus you have a bunch of excellent mods you can then play; i.e. PR, POE2, and now FH2!

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

well Gamestop has 2142 for 30 bucks. the complete BF2 collection is 40.

Comment

You should be able to pick up both games pretty cheap so get both! Don't worry about all of the add on packs for BF2 since TG doesn't support them. Grab the PR and POE2 mods for BF2 and now you have three new games! Try them all have a blast.
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

If that's the case then, I can get BF2 at good ole wally world for 10 bucks.

Comment

Aye, BF2, you'd be playing POE or PR or other mods more.

2142 is still going very strong in the TG community. I'd suggest against buying the game online, get the disc.

2142 is more infantry heavy and relies a lot of a very cohesive squad that moves together quickly. BF2 is a bit slower paced and has, for the most part, larger maps and more varied basic kits, while 2142 has a bunch of different options in choosing your kit layout once you start unlocking items.

PR is a whole different world, and quite fun!

BF2 is also available at the tacticalmarket for $7.

Comment

I'll stop by and grab BF2 tonight and probably get 2142 later on.

Comment

BF2 is much better than 2142, IMHO. I also wouldn't bother buying all the expansions and booster packs.

Be careful where you play. BF2 had/has the most hackers/glitchers, rank whores, tank/jet/chopper whores, nade spammers, bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, etc. I've ever seen in a game. I picked up BF2 several months ago at Best Buy for $10. It can be fun, and there are several great mods available. If you play on a TG server I'm sure you'll have a great time. Allied Intent Xtended (AIX) and Point of Existence 2 (PoE2) are two of the best mods. Ever since I bought CoD4 I haven't even played BF2 once though.

Comment

I enjoyed the Battlefield series but BF2 and 2142 seemed pretty lack luster to me. The controls felt sluggish and what I could only describe as clunky.

If you get only one of the two games get BF2 since 2142 was really just an over hyped mod for BF2. They used the exact same engine just re skinned everything and added a new game type.

Personally I dont think I will get any more of the Battlefield games. EA has been pushing out unfinished buggy steamers onto the chests of gamers for long enough.

just my 2 cents though

Comment

2142. No. I was very, VERY hyped for this game before it was released. I pre-ordered it...got the demo... BAM. Never bought it. I wasnt impressed by any of the models, skins, or weapons for that matter. They're all typical PEW PEW.

BF2...Hell, I only played Vanilla BF2 for 2 months, max. Then I found Project reality (PR) and soon after Point of Existence 2. What EA has done wrong with the series: THESE GAMES REDEEM. Don't listen to people about outdated graphics (If you know how BF2 stacks compared to other games of its time, you'll notice the technology was way ahead of the others...)

And, tomorrow, Friday, the long anticipated first release of Forgotten Hope 2 comes out. A classic 1942 realism mod.
                    Skud

Comment

nice. I may pick up BF2 and the complete 1942 series. 10 bucks each.

Comment

You can also get a copy of BF2 through NewEgg for $10 as well.

I suggest getting a physical copy of 2142 instead of going through EA's Download Manager (formerly EA Link).
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I liked 2142's Titan mode but it wasn't popular here at all. So being left with Conquest and mod support, BF2 is the better choice. The only cool thing about 2142 is the customizable classes and the quick weapon unlocks when you start.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I would reccommend BF2 as well. Get the complete collection relatively cheap and all the mods that are out for it mean you shouldn't get bored with it for a while.
                            BF2142 has the Northern Strike expansion you still need to buy for $9.99 from the EA downloader for now but in the next month or two they are releasing the BF2142 w/ NS disc in stores. Not many if any mods for BF2142 that I know of, maybe some people can clue me and you in on BF2142 mods!!

Comment

well I went to wal-mart and gamestop on the way home from work last night and neither had it. They both had the complete BF2 collections for 39 bucks. I may end up ordering it online.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X