heatsink/cooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heatsink/cooling

what heatsinks do you guys use for your processors? I'm looking for a new one because my is just plain out obnoxious and loud. Anything extremely quiet and under $50. Thanks.

Re: heatsink/cooling

I use a Thermaltake Typhoon which is rather large. It isn't the best out there but it works well and is quite.

There are countless sites out there that review cpu coolers, I would suggest taking a look them. Zalman seems to have very quite coolers but not the best at cooling things down compared to others but better then stock.

Comment

I have a Scythe Ninja CPU cooler. It is excellent at cooling and very quiet. It is about $54 I think.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article251-page1.html

Comment

The Scythe heatsinks are pretty good and quiet. They come with large fans (100mm or larger). I'm using the Scythe Mine and replaced the 100mm fan with a 120mm.

Zalman has some nice heatsinks too that are also quiet. Thermaltake has some good ones too that aren't too expensive either. For really cheap and effective, I think Arctic Cooling has some good ones but are louder.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

im looking at this zalman right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118223

Comment

Go with that Zalman, you wont be disappointed.

My AMD 6400+ 3.2Ghz runs at 25 degrees idle and not much past 30 degrees at load.

Make sure you get your self some Arctic Silver 5 while your at it.

Comment

That Zalman is a good one. It was one of the heatsinks I was considering getting for my rig. I can't remember why I didn't get it. It was either the price at the time or it was out of stock.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

What do you guys use to measure the temp of cpu and mobo?

Comment

Originally posted by kean View Post
                  What do you guys use to measure the temp of cpu and mobo?
                  depends on your mother board. Some boards have temp sensors built in you just need to go into your BIOS to read them, or get a program like Speedfan found here http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

if your mobo doesnt have senors then you have to buy some temp sensors you can get them at a Radio Shack or electronics parts store and install them. Or if you lucky enough to have one of those point and click temp gauges you can just point it at the base of your heat sink.

Comment

alright thanks, I just got speedfan and Im going to get the Zalman.

Comment

Originally posted by kean View Post
                      im looking at this zalman right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118223
                      Good price you have here. I should have bought it at newegg with my other stuff. I just bought this one earlier today at Fry's electronics and paid $59 because I needed it now. From everyone I have talked to, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X