Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should i do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should i do ?

    I no i asked awhile back but i was wondering if anyone has any good canadian sites that i can get a custom pc ? i ordered one from NCIX 2 weeks ago and they just told me this :

    Our assembly team has just notified us with an issue with your current order. The motherboard
    EVGA Nforce 680I SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2 2PCI-E16 2PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard (SKU: 22956), video card,
    EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTS 500MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card (SKU: 21406), and monitor,
    Acer AL2216WBD 22IN Widescreen LCD Monitor Black 1680X1050 700:1 5MS VGA DVI-D Monitor (SKU: 19543) you have selected, have all been unexpectedly discontinued by our supplier.
    Our techs recommend switching to:

    BFG Nforce 680I LT SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2 2PCI-E16 2PCI SATA2 RAID Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard (SKU 24031) $219.73, EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTS KO Crysis 540MHZ 112SP 640MB 1.7GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card (SKU: 27090) $399.99,
    and the
    BenQ FP222W 22IN Widescreen LCD Monitor Silver / Black 5MS 1680X1050 700:1 300CDM VGA DVI-D W/ Cable (SKU: 21648) $282.72.

    I was hoping to have it for christmas but i dont think it will happen. i told them that too so what you think i should do ? say screw you and look else where ? if so any sites ? i have looked at tigerdirect already ? they still havent emailed back about price differents . Or should i wait till newyear ?


    __________________

  • #2
    Re: What should i do ?

    Honestly all of the new technologies from INtel and AMD usually hit the markets in quarter 1.

    I would wait till March, all of the current top of the line gear will be replaced and therefor much much cheaper.

    If you dont want to wait then I would tell those guys to upgrade your components to something that isnt discontinued at no cost.

    Make sure you check out Toms Hardware guides and do your research on the components they are wanting to u to switch to. There are some horror stories out there (GreenGecko any one?) about companies trying to "upgrade" your parts with models that are numerically higher then your current choices but perform worse. (i.e. ATi 1900 upgraded to 1950, again the GreenGecko incident, google it for more info)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What should i do ?

      Tigerdirect isn't any cheaper and they aren't very good (high shipping costs). Just get the recommended replacements or try squeezing in the 8800GT if possible. They might have 8800GT cards in stock but I think you'll be stuck with some Galaxy brand since all the other brands are sold out.

      It should take about a week for shipping but you'd better act fast before the order gets backlogged with the xmas rush.

      - It's who you game with.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What should i do ?

        Do not use Tiger, that's all I can say
        Skud


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What should i do ?

          see what they say on monday ....... the price is the best i could find so far thats why im still holding out .... i gave them sh$# for the delay maybe hey will give me a deal wait and see i guess


          __________________

          Comment

          Connect

          Collapse

          TeamSpeak 3 Server

          Collapse

          Advertisement

          Collapse

          Twitter Feed

          Collapse

          Working...
          X