LCD HDTV purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD HDTV purchase

I am looking for a good LCD HD TV in the 500-700$ range. I have a 10 year old 26 inch CRT now....

I am looking for a 32 37 or 42 inch screen. I know a 42 inch for that price range is a stretch. I assume it will be 720p or 1080i

Any good deals out there people willing to bring to my attention? I am willing to buy refurb from a reputable place.

anyone think trying to find one on ebay is too risky?
    Last edited by sc1ence; 12-15-2007, 08:59 PM.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: LCD HDTV purchase

CompUSA is going out of business, you can get some really good prices on HDTVs if you have one around your house. The one by me has 37in 1080p screens for $800, its their Olivia brand but still its a good deal.

Comment

bought a plasma at sears. the picture of plasma vs LCD was the sell for me.

ended up with a 42 inch plasma 720 p by panasonic.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

hope you dont play any video games on your plasma, or leave up any dvd menues.

Plasma screens suffer from burn in BIG TIME!

Burn in can happen in minutes too.

http://www.eirikso.com/images/IMG_0116-2.jpg
        this is Burn in

Comment

Newer plasmas don't suffer from burn-in nearly to the extent of the old ones. It's like the difference between old CRT TVs and newer ones. Newer plasmas claim to be as resistant to burn-in as standard CRT TVs, and you never hear about anyone complain about burn-in for their CRTs anymore.

Comment

/hijack

I'm going to be moving into an apartment come January, and my two roommates and I are looking to get a nice TV for hopefully no more than $1k. I've seen some good deals online at Newegg, but know its not the norm to buy something like this online due to shipping and whatnot. We're probably looking for something between 37" and 50". I'm thinking a 42" would probably be our best bet and still get a decent TV. Anyone know of any in retail stores that would be worth checking out? We also may be able to take advantage of a friends Sear's employee discount.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X