New headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headset

Can anyone recommend a new headset, I'm currently playing BF 2142 which obviously requires much communication. I currently have a table-top mic, and everyone says I'm really quiet unless I go really close to the mic, which isn't very convenient. Can anyone recommend any good headsets that aren't very expensive?

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps out with this.

Edit: The most important thing is that the headset must be comfortable.
    Last edited by SharinganTH1422; 12-17-2007, 11:56 AM.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: New headset

The Sennheiser series are good. Anything in the PC-series actually, depending on your pricerange.

I myself recommend the PC150. A bit expensive, but remember that if you play alot you should invest in a good set. They are more comfortable and lasts longer as they have a more solid build.

Comment

When I looked the pc150 up, it looked great, but the price is a little steep, and I'm trying to get a year's SM money together, so I don't think I could get that headset, it's about the same amount.

However, I did like the look of the PC30, affordable, and looks good quality, so whadcha think?

Comment

also looking at this, this and this :D

Comment

I Use The Plantronics Behind-the-head Type Headset, And It Kills My Ears/head After A Couple Hours...

Just My $.02 Worth...

Comment

So leave this?

Thanks for the heads-up dude, I won't forget you when I'm ruling the world :D

Comment

I bought a cheapo set at walmart for 18 bucks. really kills my ears after a few rounds. I should have spent the extra dough and got some better ones.

Comment

I'm now trying to decide between the Plantronics .audio 350 Multimedia PC Headset and the Sennheiser PC30 headset but I still haven't ruled out this.

But I'm going to wait for maybe a few more suggestions, I'm primarily looking for comfort really.

Comment

If you want to spend a little on a good headset then I recommend the "Medusa speed link"
                  do a search on this as it has been discussed in the past.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

This is what I have, because I like to have my sound piped through my speakers and be able to hear what's going on around me. I've never had any complaints about my speech quality or volume, and my ears are never uncomfortable even after hours of gaming. I forget it's there, which is the best part about it.

Comment

Well I've searched for the Medusa and it looks very good, surplus to requirements in fact, and I'm not willing to splash out too much, unless I really can't find anything that's satisfactory.

And that's interesting Gloop, I might just consider that, I had a table-top mic, and speakers, and my quiet speech was the problem, this might do the trick to solve those problems. But, I do like headphones, as they can bring you into the environment of the field more, and you can still hear everything around you, sometimes even better...I'm very picky...But cheapos can't be choosers right...:D

Comment

This is what I got: Pic
                        It costed less than 10 euros and it's been working for months. Saves alot of money compared to those 50 euro ones :)

Comment

So what is it called Concr3te?

Btw, this is a general question to everyone, do all headphones hurt? Is it possible to find headphones that don't make you want to cut off your ears after a couple of hours of gameplay with them on?

Comment

I have this. Comfortable and good sound quality. but does cost $50 /€ 35 /25.
                            -F- Darksteel

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                              So what is it called Concr3te?

Btw, this is a general question to everyone, do all headphones hurt? Is it possible to find headphones that don't make you want to cut off your ears after a couple of hours of gameplay with them on?
                              It's called ICIDU, model name (very original): Headset with Microphone. And no, not all headphones hurt. In my experience, only the behind the head ones do. I really recommend not buying one of those, it's really a pain for your ears.

@ Darksteel: I have had that one too, imo it was the worst headset I've owned, lasted only for a few months, and the behind the head design really sucked

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X