best gaming mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best gaming mouse

Im looking for a new mouse right now, my Logitech MX500 is dated. Im looking at a Razer Deathadder or a Logitech G5. What do you guys think between those two, and any others?

Re: best gaming mouse

I have the G5 and like it.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

I have the copperhead and love it right now, but apparently everyone i talk to be it Real life or in game, they all say Deathadder. idk why cuz copperhead has 200 more DPI (idk what 200 will do but...) they are almost the exact same, so idk what the difference is.

to get back to the point, i would say Deathadder, it has better grip/feeling to it to me, and looks cooler as a bonus =P. also i believe deathadder is a infared laser, idk about the G5's laser.
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I was looking at this Logitech G5 mouse(great price), but my pro COD2 cousin's got this, and the extra weights just seem like it's way too pro for me :D. I may just get an MX, I was even thinking the MX500 for myself actually...or even this 400 doesn't look bad. It's 800 dpi only, but I don't like too much sensitivity, I'm just looking for precision with the laser and the 5 buttons.
        Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

But if you're willing to splash out, why not try out this bad boy :D lol

Comment

I really like my G7 - laser and wireless - but it doesn't have enough buttons for some. The on-the-fly sensitivity adjustments are great when switching between infantry, armor and sniper.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I had the G7, it has less buttons than the g5 and it has this annoying pop-up that tells you the batteries are going dead. This pop-up KILLED my FPS everytime it came on screen and the only way I could disable it was to disable the software (that also disabled it's ability to change its speed settings on the fly)

I'd stay away from the G7, unless theres a way to disable that pop-up, or they fixed it so it doesn't bugger up games.
              -

Comment

I swear by the MX518. Wireless is bad, don't do wireless. Laser is okay but has a number of performance problems.

Comment

I'd stay away from the G7, unless theres a way to disable that pop-up, or they fixed it so it doesn't bugger up games.
                  I've never had a problem with that - in BF2 and mods at least. I don't have any substantial time in any other game since I got the G7 two years ago.

Wireless is bad, don't do wireless. Laser is okay but has a number of performance problems.
                  I haven't had any problems here either.
                  |TG|Melee
                  Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I also have the G7 mouse by Logitech. I will not say I am completely happy with it. I do like the sensitivity adjustments but do wish it had more buttons I could program. I did have an old HP cordless mouse that had 2 buttons on top I use to set for changing my view of the vehicles I was in when playing BF2 or BF2142. I really miss that i can not do that with the G7. It also seems like it has a slight delay in it as well. I was told I had the charging base to close to the mouse it self and that my cordless phone was also interferring with it. I moved both and still have the same delay, maybe it is old age in me, lol. I also disable the software when I play any games to keep that annoying pop up from attacking. When the mouse no longer works i know it needs a recharged battery. he mouse seems to track very good just have issues with the right and left mouse buttons. Also when the software is disabled I also have issues with the sensitivity buttons not wanting to wrk right away, seems like you need to hit them 3-4 times to get it to switch.
                    I had heard the new G9's were really good?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                      I swear by the MX518.
                      Yes, the 518 isn't bad at all.

Wireless is bad, don't do wireless. Laser is okay but has a number of performance problems.
                      I have heard that there are problems with wireless, (although this may just be myth, I haven't used them enough to place judgement) but I thought laser was the best way to go with a mouse?

Comment

Wireless is bad because it has openings to fail you that you can't directly control. Yes, cables can be snagged, but for three minutes of using chimpanzee-level tinkering, you can figure out a way to keep the cable out of the way and snag-free. Wireless can lose connection, lose battery power, and lose the game for you.

Google it up if you want the details, but in short, optical is more consistent than optical is, though laser can track on certain troublesome surfaces, like glass.

Comment

I've had the mx518, G5 and Deathadder, in that order. The Deathadder is the best from my experience. It just sits so good in my hand. Razer has the Lachesis out too now, it also looks amazing.

Comment

Wireless is bad because it has openings to fail you that you can't directly control. Yes, cables can be snagged, but for three minutes of using chimpanzee-level tinkering, you can figure out a way to keep the cable out of the way and snag-free. Wireless can lose connection, lose battery power, and lose the game for you.

Google it up if you want the details, but in short, optical is more consistent than optical is, though laser can track on certain troublesome surfaces, like glass.
                            Optical is more consistent than optical? I'm guessing you mean optical is more consistent than laser, right?

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                            I've had the mx518, G5 and Deathadder, in that order. The Deathadder is the best from my experience. It just sits so good in my hand. Razer has the Lachesis out too now, it also looks amazing.
                            so you think the deathadder is better than the G5? I was actually going to buy the G5 now, but I might change to the Deathadder, I can get them at pretty much the same price. Apparently there is some problem with the drivers and the on-the-fly settings are on the bottom of the mouse, which is better than nothing I suppose.

You say the Deathadder sits nice in your hand, but is the G5 uncomfortable, or is the Deathadder just extra comfortable, because mouses aren't really about comfort for me (and they may sit in your hand well, but it may be different for different people).

Comment

OK, I've just found an amazing mouse, it's the last one (I think...?), and it's an amazing price (literally, I mean I almost had a heart-attack), and once I know that it is mine, I will link it for everyone to admire (unless there is something terrible I have missed and it is actually a terrible mouse ).
                              Last edited by SharinganTH1422; 12-18-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X