Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-RW/+RW dvd's question

Hi Folks

I recently bought Toshiba DVD recorder for my TV, and when I use RW's to record say 3 shows, then decide to delete say 2nd recorded show, what it does is leaves a blank spot between shows 1 and 3.

If I were to delete the last video on the list, 3rd one in this case, it just shows the 1st 2, which is fine and this is what I was expecting when 2nd show was deleted.

Is it something to do with my recorder? or how RW's dvd's work for recorders?

Help would be appreciated, thanks fellas.

PS. I am able to format the whole dvd however that wipes everything off of it.

Re: DVD-RW/+RW dvd's question

The DVD-RW has the data wrote to it in those spots, only way to get them in order on the disc would be to copying the last movie over to another storage device and then rewrite it back so it goes into the right place. There is nothing wrong with the DVD recorder you have, just the way the disc are and nothing besides the time consuming procedure I stated above to help it.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
      The DVD-RW has the data wrote to it in those spots, only way to get them in order on the disc would be to copying the last movie over to another storage device and then rewrite it back so it goes into the right place. There is nothing wrong with the DVD recorder you have, just the way the disc are and nothing besides the time consuming procedure I stated above to help it.
      Do I have to finalize the DVD disk first, before I do what you describe on my dvd burner on my pc?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

If you want to use DVDs like that then what you need is a DVD-RAM disk. They allow for editing and rearrangement of files.

Comment

Originally posted by IanTheRed View Post
          If you want to use DVDs like that then what you need is a DVD-RAM disk. They allow for editing and rearrangement of files.
          DvD-+ RW's dont? not on the Dvd Recorder itself any how right?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X