belkin router wii issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belkin router wii issue

Hopefully someone can help me here. I bought a new wireless router which is a Belkin F5D8233-4. It is a N Mimo card which is backwards compatible to 802.11g/b

My problem is that I am trying to configure my nintendo wii to connect to it, and my understanding is that the wii's wi-fi will recognize 802.11g but since im pretty much computer illiterate, i do not know how to configure it to recognize it. My IP address on the router is 198.162.2.1 and on the Wii it is 198.162.1.1 and cant figure out how to get them on the same page. Any suggestions?

BTW, i did ( or at least i think it worked ), opened the proper ports under the ip adress 192.168.2.30 and tried to do a manual setup on the wii using that IP, but still not working. Also when i log into my routers settings, it says that it is not connected, but the internet still works..

Sorry if this dont make any sense, like i said, im really computer illiterate. thanks in advance
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Re: belkin router wii issue

Does the router recognize the wii as connected? Does wii require certain port ranges to be open like a normal PC game?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

if i try to have the wii auto recognize the router it will recognize it, but an error occurs and it wont actually connect.. i believe the error has to do with the ip adresses being different. i did find somewhere on the net which TCP ports to have open and i believe i openned them. like i said i believe i just need to configure the router to use the G setting instead of N, and / or the wii's wi-fi to have the same IP addy as the router.
      QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
      Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Icsist View Post
        if i try to have the wii auto recognize the router it will recognize it, but an error occurs and it wont actually connect.. i believe the error has to do with the ip adresses being different.
        Post the exact error message.

i did find somewhere on the net which TCP ports to have open and i believe i openned them.
        This generally isn't an issue unless you're trying to run a server. Are you?

like i said i believe i just need to configure the router to use the G setting instead of N, and / or the wii's wi-fi to have the same IP addy as the router.
        I believe N is really G with antenna steering, so a G client should work fine with an N base station. (I've used an N interface on my PC with a G base station.)

They should not have the same address. They should have the same SSID and (if you're using the encrypted feature) the same encryption keys.

For reference, here's the product page for the router with manual and firmware:

http://www.belkin.com/support/produc...&pid=F5D8233-4

I don't know anything about how Wii's configure their networking, though.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X