Good cheap laptop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cheap laptop?

Good cheap laptop? Any one know a place? I was directed here.
    Last edited by asch; 12-18-2007, 03:51 PM. Reason: Updated title

Re: ...

I was looking for such a thing a while back. I wound up impuse buying a Toshiba. It sucks terribly being mostly Vista-locked thanks to AMD's desperation to self-destruct. Wound up throwing Ubuntu on it so it would be at least a usable computer, but that knocks out any gaming option.

You might be able to find a used one somewhere if you know someone who's willing to make you a deal, but otherwise, you're not going to get anything decent for under $750 or so.

Comment

Re: ...

It's hard to find a cheap one that is good for gaming, at least in my experience.

XPS to me seems like good gaming laptops, a bit pricey, or try http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/

they got some decent laptops for everyday use or gaming i believe.

EDIT: The ThinkPad notebooks are the good ones in my opinion. from lenovo.
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Re: Good cheap laptop?

One Laptop Per Child $100 laptops
        http://laptop.org/
        :D

Oh they are having a give one get one promo too, what a time to buy!

Comment

Toshiba never seems to disappoint people I've talked to.
          Skud

Comment

I know Toshi was a strong name in the past, but recently I've heard mixed words about them. As far as I'm concerned, they (Toshiba, AMD/ATi, and Microsoft as a whole) are working actively against supporting Windows 2000 and to an extent XP on the system, and there is really very little reason why they wouldn't other than to promote the Vista agenda.

So it's an Ubuntu machine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X