TeamSpeak Overlay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak Overlay

I just used this program all night to see, on screen, what channel I was in and who was talking in TeamSpeak, in real-time, while I played Ghost Recon.

I'll let the website sell you on the software, which is free and in alpha testing.

www.qbnut.com
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: TeamSpeak Overlay

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=7150

Flux posted about it a couple of months ago.

It has definitely come a long way. It's alpha but stable. It works well with JO. The latest build is even compatible with SP2.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've been using it consistently for the last week or so. It seems to be flawless in JO, but it has caused a couple crashes in GR....I think. It works best if you start TS, then the overlay, then GR. The program is great so far, I highly recommend it.
      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
        It works best if you start TS, then the overlay, then GR.
        The documentation states that this is the only way you should start it. I ran it last night over several GR games without issue.

Sorry for the dupe thread.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've been using it too... pretty positive experience

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
            I've been using it too... pretty positive experience
            I'll chime in to agree with this. Works perfect for me in Joint Ops. I couldn't get it to work with BF: DC
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Works great in Warcraft 3 too

Comment

TSO works very nicely on my system when I'm playing NS.

There is one feature offered by TSO (and not offered by HL, to my knowledge) that I find very helpful in scrims. I don't recall what it's named, but TSO has an option to leave on your screen the name of the person who last spoke for X (milli?)seconds after they get off the mic.

This is very useful for me in scrims, when all of my energy is going into playing and listening, and I often find myself understanding what was actually said but wondering "who the hell actually said it". Even when playing with voices with which I'm intimately familiar, gameplay is sometimes moving so fast that this feature in TSO proves very helpful.

Comment

Note for those who don't play NS and would wonder why we don't use HL voicecomm:

Standard HL voicecomm sounds worse than Teamspeak's worst-sounding codec (much worse, in fact). SPEEX solves this, and our NS server uses SPEEX. However, some servers that some clans host scrims on use the HL default voicecomm codec (MILES). Because there are so few people involved in a scrim, it's reasonable to use TeamSpeak so that everyone can most easily understand each other during the game.

I'm told that competitive teams use voicecomms outside of HL in order to prevent people spectating the match from being able to hear their voicecomms. To date, this hasn't been a motivation for the TG regs which have been scrimming in the evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by ----paranoid----
                    Does this work with NS?

With the scrimming we have started it might be useful
                    we did, when??!!!!

can you point me to a thread with more info on that

ty

Comment

Ok, I've stopped using TSO... It's a killer app... it works pretty well... it's pretty stable... but it really degrades my frame rate. I'd say on the order of about 30%

If I was getting 110fps, I probably wouldn't even notice, but my best fps tops out at about 85. That's really my only complaint, and It might be specific to my system. I will suggest however that you benchmark it for yourself. The number of users in the channel might also have an effect on fps

Comment

This used to work great in NS too, but I just tried it for the first time in a month or so, and now it triggers the "Your game has been modified" thing. At first I thought it was CD, since that's always what caused that message, but then I traced it to TSO and was thus bummed...

Just wanted to give an fyi to all the other TSO NS players.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X