No announcement yet.

setting up a router on another machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a router on another machine?

OK, I am sick and tired of not being able to host any game, I currently have my cable connected to the cable modem, then the cable modem connected to my D-Link router... I have the router in DMZ mode, but still can NEVER host any game, even with all known firewalls down and router in DMZ mode... (I only use this machine for gaming and surfing, so not to concerned about security.)

What I want to know if i can do it, and how... is there a way to directly connect my cable modem to this machine (I know how to do that, and know it works without any problem), but then hook up my wireless router for my x-box 360's, 3 other PC's, 2 laptops, and my iPhone... basically keeping a wireless network open for all the other stuff, but no through my system...

possible? how?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: setting up a router on another machine?

maybe I'm just using the wrong IP in the DMZ...that was what the default was/is... how do I find out what IP gets put into DMZ... because that is NOT my external IP from Comcast?

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X