Dual Displays and Gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Displays and Gaming

So I've got two monitors on my PC right now and I was hoping that I would be able to use one to display ventrilo while the other one has the game on it. However as I found out the 2nd monitor goes black while I'm in game. Alt-tab out, and the extended desktop re-appear. My question is: am I doing something wrong? Is there additional software that I require? Can anyone link me to some where I might be able to read up on this stuff? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am running and 8800GTX with the latest drivers on Vista-64.

Re: Dual Displays and Gaming

How are you running the second monitor, is it extended desktop, dualview, or a whole new desktop?

Some games may act funny with certain setups.

Something to be aware of: You'll be able to see the second monitor and what is active on it if configured right, but most games won't allow you to access programs on it without first minimizing the game.

Comment

I do that currently with games and haven't had any trouble running say BF2 in one window (Or WIC, COD4, Crysis, etc...) and having applications in the second window like Teamspeak, Xfire, BF2CC and so on. I have no fancy software to manage this, just what came with XP. My guess is that it's something fairly simple on your end.

Edit based on Anospa's post, I have to alt tab out of games that are running Full Screen to access the second window. On games that are running in Windowed mod, I can move seemlessly from one window to another and one screen to another. I "Extended my desktop."

Lucky Shot

Comment

It depends on the game. Some games black out the second monitor and some don't. The alt-tabbing may work; I have to do this sometimes.

Which game is this?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

if you run your games in windowed mode they will not black out the second screen but you may not be able to control your self in game very well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X